Topic: Manually change the order in which the galleries are displayed on the.

..main index page.

Hi there, I was wondering if there is anyway to edit the gallerydata.txt file to manually change the order that the galleries are shown on the main index page. I would like to order them by date (a function which is not included in svmanager).

Is this possible without corrupting the file?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

Mike

Re: Manually change the order in which the galleries are displayed on the.

I have sorted it, you can change the gallerydata.txt file (I have done so in the past and its corrupted the file) however this time it worked for me.

If anyone else has this query/ problem, message me and I will explain.

I would like to order them by date

A sort by date will usually return the same order as sorting by reference number since the numbers are assigned sequentially. And the option to sort by reference number has been in svManager since version 1.3.

I did experiment some time ago with sorting by gallery folder 'creation' date but it can give funny results sometimes. Unix servers don't store a file creation date as such. They usually store an inode change date which is sometimes the same as the file creation date and sometimes not and I thought that sorting on this basis would be unnecessary and confusing.

So I'd be interested to know why you need to sort by date.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Jack, I don't want to sort by date (as in the date the gallery was imported into svmanager) but to sort by date (see http://gallery.michaelnorris.co.uk/) I have named the galleries accordingly New York Aug 2008, San Fran Sep 2008, Los Angeles Oct 2008 etc and would like to order with the newest first, I have found a way by editing the gallerydata.txt file but was wondering if there was any plan to implement a drag-and-drop way of organising the galleries as you do with the images within the galleries themselves.

Thanks for your reply previously,

Mike

Oh – right – now I understand.

Drag and drop sorting of galleries is not likely to appear in the near future but I'll put it on the list.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, I don't think I am the only one that would appreciate and use this feature.

Mike