Topic: Changing the Title

I've searched but I have such a noob question, it's embarassing. This is from my gallery.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="Community" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="" thumbPath="">

As you can see, I've changed the title to "Community". But, for the life of me, I can't figure out why it continues (even after emptying the cache and rebuilding) to display as "SimpleViewer Title" on the page above the thumbs!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going nuts! Thanks.

Re: Changing the Title

When you upload, are you sure your old gallery.xml is getting overwritten?

Also, you other post suggests you may have a path problem to your xml?

Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I'm positive the file is overwritten. Actually, I delete the old file and then upload the new file.

What is the link to your xml? I'll have a look.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.austinseminary.edu/cpl

and a link to one of the SimpleViewer galleries:

http://www.austinseminary.edu/cpl/Java%20Pix/index.html

Ok, Your gallery.xml file is located here
http://www.austinseminary.edu/cpl/Java% … allery.xml and it has the Simple Viewer Title. Your index html, viewer.swf, and pic folders need to all be in the same folder - The Java Pix folder ( btw, not a good idea to use spaces in your folder or file names) The gallery.xml folder with the correct title is not the one viewer.swf is finding.
hth
Richard

Richard

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I think I know what's happening. I open the .xml file and save it with a title and manually upload it to the server. But, when I rebuild the gallery, the .xml file gets renamed "SimpleViewer Title". If I simply drop the new .xml file on the server and open the site (after clearing cache) it's named properly. I wonder what's causing that?

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

I don't know what is causing it, I've had similar problems. I just load it manually for full control.
good luck
Richard

Richard

Thanks!

buildgallery.php will overwrite the gallery.xml file with the XML options that are specified in the buildgallery.php script.

To set your XML options while using buildgallery you can:
1) Run buildgallery first. Then go and add your options to gallery.xml.
2) Edit buildgallery.php to add your gallery options at the top of the file.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.