Topic: Embed using instructions from sv2.jhardie.com

Hi Jack, I was successful in embedding a gallery in a web page using your instructions from sv2.jhardie.com. Awesome. However when going back in to svManager and doing some editing, clicking View to check my work resulted in a 404 error. I'm guessing this is because Step 3 says to rename the index.php file residing in the gallery folder to index.bak, and svManager is looking there when you click View?

I experimented by changing that file name back to index.php and was able to see the gallery when clicking on View from within svManager. And the changes appeared correctly on the web page on the copied index.php in the root of the website.  smile

I'm just puzzled how that is... and if it is okay that there is a index.php in the root of the website, as well as in the gallery from which the embedded SimpleViewer originates?

Re: Embed using instructions from sv2.jhardie.com

Step 3 says to rename the index.php file residing in the gallery folder to index.bak

Looks like I need to rewrite that bit. I meant if you already have an index.php file in your web root then it would be good to back that one up before you overwrite it with a copy of the one from the gallery. Just in case you need it again or any of the stuff that's in there.

...and if it is okay that there is a index.php in the root of the website, as well as in the gallery from which the embedded SimpleViewer originates?

You can have as many index files as you like. When you browse to one of them it will download a copy of the Flash file from your server and run it locally.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Embed using instructions from sv2.jhardie.com

Great. Thanks.