Topic: Google Analytics Integration in SV pro

Hello -
I recently upgraded to the pro-version and I'm finally enjoying updating galleries on my website. I use Photoshop and the photoshop script is excellent!

Having Google Analytics tracking is very important as I suspect (but cannot confirm yet) that most visitors to my site spend the majority of their time in my SV galleries.

I don't want to have to edit the index.html file to add the Google Analytics code every time I update my galleries.

Is it possible to include a text field for our gaId within the create gallery script and add the code automatically?

Or, is there a simple way to include the code from a static file that doesn't get overwritten each time we recreate a gallery?

Thanks!
Brian

Re: Google Analytics Integration in SV pro

You could go the the plug-in folder and replace the index.html with the index.html you are using so that every time you export the gallery it will use the correct HTML file.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Which plug-in folder?

I looked in the Photoshop Presets/Scripts/SimpleViewer_v2 folder where I placed the files according to the install instructions here and there doesn't appear to be an index.html file to replace.

I also looked in the gallery created by the svBuilder program. I see an index.html but no plugin folder.

Ahh you are right forgot that it was generated.  You would have to edit the SimpleViewer_v2.jsx and replace the HTML in the "// Write out HTML File" section while maintaining it's format. Unless you are comfortable editing javascript it would probably just be easier to replace the HTML after the gallery has been generated.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

In that case, pleas consider adding it as a feature.

It would be really nice to have a text field in one section of svBuilder where you just enter your Analytics ID and the HTML is automatically generated and included with the index.html file that svBuilder creates for the gallery.

Thanks for considering it!