Topic: IE not showing embedded gallery

I've got my site up and running but the embedded galleries won't show up when using Internet Explorer.  Safari and Firefox both work fine.  I'm using Simpleviewer 2.0.3.  Any help would be appreciated.  The site is jeffreyallenphoto.com.

Thanks!

Re: IE not showing embedded gallery

This is your embed code:

<object width="1000" height="800">
        <param name="movie" value="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=gallery.xml" />
        </param>
        <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
        </param>

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
        </param>
        <param name="bgcolor" value="ffffff" />
        </param>
        <embed src="simpleviewer.swf?galleryURL=gallery.xml"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1000" height="800"
bgcolor="ffffff"></embed>
      </object>

In XHTML 1.0 certain tags need to be closed, you can do this by adding an end tag such as </param> or you can add a short end tag by tacking /> on to the end of a normal tag such as <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />. You can't do both at the same time though, so go through your gallery pages remove </param> if you already have />, clear your browser's cache.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks.  I've fixed the param tags and cleared my cache but it's still not working.  I ran the WC3 Validator on one of the pages with an embedded gallery (http://jeffreyallenphoto.com/urban/urban.html) and it came up with some errors however, I'm not sure where to go from there.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Those validation errors are normal when using the object embed method. The issue probably has something to do with your tables or something subtly wrong with the embed code, but I'm not seeing it. I would try removing your embed code and using the SWFObject embed mothod instead, it is standards complient and works better then the object embed method.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks!  I used the other embedding method and it works great now!