Topic: Two Issues on new Installation of SvManager

New to using Simple Viewer.

I uploaded the SvManager, pre this I uploaded the test and everything passed.

1st issue:  I try to change my password it looks successful but when I try and login with my new password it doesn't work.  But the default one does.  Any suggestions?

2nd issue:  When I try and start a new gallery it goes right back to login page.

this is the error I have at the top of the screen:

Error:    1. Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_fbbdfdba0a9b315b0dfbbd08613bcfda, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 34)
   2. Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

Just Ran the Test again and I pass up to this point the session test:
arning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_fbbdfdba0a9b315b0dfbbd08613bcfda, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web253/b2536/sl.socalbullies/public_html/svmtest/sessionstart.php  on line 88

Session Test 2

The test program will now check if your server has stored the session data correctly.

Attempting to re-start the session…

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_fbbdfdba0a9b315b0dfbbd08613bcfda, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web253/b2536/sl.socalbullies/public_html/svmtest/sessionread.php on line 90

Checking for stored test data…

Last edited by scb (2010-07-29 16:03:12)

Re: Two Issues on new Installation of SvManager

Your server is not set-up for sessions. Contact your server helpdesk, tell them you have installed a php application that is trying to start a session and quote the error message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_fbbdfdba0a9b315b0dfbbd08613bcfda, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory

They should be able to fix it for you or tell you how to fix it yourself.

The password problem will probably go away after you've fixed the session problem, if not then come back here.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Two Issues on new Installation of SvManager

Thanks for the reply.  I called them yesterday and it was server issues they had to make some changes.  Everything working, this is a great way to work with these galleries, saves allot of time.