Topic: Title / Caption Questions

I seem to remember a way using CSS to specify the background color for text. Assuming my memory is correct, does SimpleViewer (or Pro) support this? I'd rather not adjust my background image accordingly, as my captions and titles are all different lengths.

Additionally, is there a way to get the title and/or caption text to be center-aligned? Either in the xml file or in the source?

Re: Title / Caption Questions

Hi again,
You can do both in SV Pro

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks, can you please give me an idea of where to look to change this?

There are allot of ways of doing this. Easiest is to edit your simpleviewer.fla. Change the text box to have a BG and align center.

CSS and flash info can be found on Google. If you go this route instead.

You can aslo alter the as files, if you know AS2.

hope that helps
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks, that gives me enough direction to venture onward smile

Okay, I am too much of a Flash novice to even get this to work! sad

I tried changing the format of the text boxes in the fla file, to no avail (yes, I cleared my browser cache and copied the published viewer over, etc.)

Surely there is a simple way to do this in the gallery.xml file--or, more to my liking, in the Picasa xml template files.

For example, the imageNode.xml file currently has:

<image>
    <filename><%itemName%></filename>
    <caption><%itemCaption%></caption>
</image>

And the header.xml file has:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageHeight="400" maxImageWidth="400" backgroundImagePath="../../../images/backgroundblue2.jpg" textColor="0x000000" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="10" thumbnailColumns="5" thumbnailRows="4" navPosition="left" title="<%exportDescription%>" enableRightClickOpen="false" thumbPath="thumbnails/" imagePath="" >

I tried following the FAQ and putting in the html thus:
imageNode.xml:

<image>
    <caption>&lt;center&gt;<%itemCaption%>&lt;/center&gt;</caption>
</image>

header.xml:

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageHeight="400" maxImageWidth="400" backgroundImagePath="../../../images/backgroundblue2.jpg" textColor="0x000000" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="10" thumbnailColumns="5" thumbnailRows="4" navPosition="left" title="&lt;strong&gt;<%exportDescription%>&lt;/strong&gt;" enableRightClickOpen="false" thumbPath="thumbnails/" imagePath="" >

Thinking I had the brackets in the wrong place above, I also tried this for the header, but it broke the movie:

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageHeight="400" maxImageWidth="400" backgroundImagePath="../../../images/backgroundblue2.jpg" textColor="0x000000" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="10" thumbnailColumns="5" thumbnailRows="4" navPosition="left" title="<&lt;strong&gt;%exportDescription%&lt;/strong&gt;>" enableRightClickOpen="false" thumbPath="thumbnails/" imagePath="" >

I also looked at the FAQ and found out about the CDATA tags for the captions (I also tried removing the brackets around %itemCaption%, which broke it):

<image>
    <caption><![CDATA[<font align="center"><%itemCaption%></font>]]></caption>
</image>

and also tried:

<image>
    <caption><![CDATA[<center><%itemCaption%></center>]]></caption>
</image>

Okay, I am done with the trial and error! smile This is enough information to get help from the experts, I hope. (Please and Thank-You!)

I tested only the title before. You can use the property box and set bold and center align , but only for the title. Caption uses html formatting and is controlled in the StageManager.as
I thought adding a center align text format would work, but I couldn't get it to show. Sooo,  Felix or someone will have to jump in.

Richard

Thanks!

To center align captions edit the 'Caption' symbol in the library. Set the text field to be center-aligned, also unselect the 'Render text as HTML' button.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,
I tried that but my link in the caption shows ie

<A href="wheels/LG/03.jpg" target.....My Caption..blah blah

in the textbox

on edit
is there away to center and render text as html?

Richard

Thanks!

To center align captions edit the 'Caption' symbol in the library. Set the text field to be center-aligned, also unselect the 'Render text as HTML' button.

Felix, this helps me, as I am not adding html to my captions. Thanks! big_smile

I hope Flash ho's question can be answered.