Topic: Opening multiple galleries in flash

I can't seem to figure this out...

I can get themultiple gallery working np.. (thx to Flash Ho). Here's what i want to do however.

I have a main movie, on that movie I have buttons that load other movies. ie Nav = home - unloads all movies, portfolio  opens a port.swf file to my holder clip, about us does the same etc... this is all working.

In my portfolio .swf I have 3 buttons. I want each button to be able to load the multi-gallery.swf to a holder clip ie. mcHolder.

When I click on one of the three buttons ie. sports. it does import the gallery.swf, but not to the holder. it is all off so it desn't senter properly.

Is this because of the size of the viewer.swf ? As oppose to the size of the gallery.swf? Because I am making my "holder clip" size the size of my gallery.swf

Confusing enough tongue

Any ideas?

I really love the layout of simple gallery, but I need to make sure it will work before I purchase it.

Thx in advance for and y help...

heres a link to see what I mean. www.living-waters.ca/help

Re: Opening multiple galleries in flash

Hi Corey,
Your all most there.
Make sure your holder clip has a top left, top resitration, as opposed to center. Also,  It may be neccessary to move your holder for the viewer swf. in your case you may be fine where it is now, but if you had your main base swf nav on the left for example, you would want your viewer swf to be on the navs right side. Also, make sure your viewer size is set to your largest image size or bigger. Adjust your padding as needed, stir once and viola!
With Pro, you'll be able to tweak the SV to look perfect with your site.

I didn't look at your fla, but I will if you are still having troubles. Or if I have time, I'll look at it later.
hth
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Hi Corey,
Your all most there.
Make sure your holder clip has a top left, top resitration, as opposed to center. Also,  It may be neccessary to move your holder for the viewer swf. in your case you may be fine where it is now, but if you had your main base swf nav on the left for example, you would want your viewer swf to be on the navs right side. Also, make sure your viewer size is set to your largest image size or bigger. Adjust your padding as needed, stir once and viola!
With Pro, you'll be able to tweak the SV to look perfect with your site.

I didn't look at your fla, but I will if you are still having troubles. Or if I have time, I'll look at it later.
hth
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thx for getting back to me so soon.. smile

My holder clip is set up correctly. I can import other .swf to it no trouble. It's seems to me that it has to do w/ the size of the actual viewer.swf I think the viewer.swf has a stage size of 1024 or someting to that effect.
My holder clip is smaller then that. Do you think that has anything to do w/ it.

I also noticed that when I click on my button to load the viewer it moves the whole page of th site to the left?

I am totally pulling my hair out on this one. .lol ..sorta tongue

Thx again Richard...

I had a chance to take a quick look at your fla -
1. don't size your holder_mc, it will inherit its size from the content you load
2. use the code provided by SV to load your viewer and xml ( You can also use it to load other stuff) This is a frame , timeline code.
That should get you running.
other observations, not asked for but  , hope you don't mind smile
1. you can use motion tweeens instead of shape tweens for your animation and save allot of overhead. ( scale and location)
2. If you want your base swf BG to show, set viewer.swf to windowless, transparent
3. button code is ok, but code all in one place ( frame on timeline) is much easier to find

Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I had a chance to take a quick look at your fla -
1. don't size your holder_mc, it will inherit its size from the content you load
2. use the code provided by SV to load your viewer and xml ( You can also use it to load other stuff) This is a frame , timeline code.
That should get you running.
other observations, not asked for but  , hope you don't mind smile
1. you can use motion tweeens instead of shape tweens for your animation and save allot of overhead. ( scale and location)
2. If you want your base swf BG to show, set viewer.swf to windowless, transparent
3. button code is ok, but code all in one place ( frame on timeline) is much easier to find

Richard

Thx for your time Richard...

As for the code..well, I am a total noob wink

Not sure what you mean by not not sizing my holder.. ?

Do you think if I pay for the code it will solve my issues in regards to my page changing size and getting the viewer to load the correct size?

thx again...  I really appreciate your help..

Right now your holder is sized to 720 x something, from memory.
Do not give it a size. When you create the holder mc, do not put anything in it like graphics, just control>f8, creates an mc, name it and leave it blank. When you use  the mc, it will take on the size of whatever you put into it. Once it loads viewer .swf it will be the size of viewer.swf. You can alter the viewer swf to your largest image size, play with the padding and you will be able to get the viewer in the correct loaction. Buying SV pro will give you many options to customize the look and function of SV but it isn't needed to solve your problem. But after 5 posts , buying is mandatory!  just kidding!

One more thought, which i forgot to tell u before, you can use this holder to load all your other content swf's, with out unloading, one swf will replace the other swf.

Richard

Thanks!

lol.....

I will buy it today Richard... For real!!

Thx for all your help!

..................................................................................

I'll post the finished product when it's done..

ok, I bought the pro version... pretty much all greek to me though! tongue

Really all I am wondering now is

A:) is there a way to get a viewer.swf with out the link that will work w/ ImageData.xml instead of Gallery.xml

B:) is there a was to change the actually size of the viewer.swf? I know you can do it in HTML, but how about a flash page..

Richard, you have been a great help. Thank you!

big_smile I think your purchase worked against me smile  more questions  !!  LOL

Look around the as files. Look at the options.as especially and look at the docs. It will all be clear pretty quickly.

Start by looking at the code in examples> FlashEmbed>multiple_galleries.fla

in a base swf (multiple_galleries.fla), which loads viewer.swf
You can name your xml anything you want as long as the gallery folder  with the images and thumbs folder is the same name , like HarvardSquarePics is a name of a folder with images and thumbs, HarvardSquarePics.xml is the xml, and your paths in the xml would be thumbPath="HarvardSquarePics/thumbs/"
( and your button_mc might have an instance name of HarvardSquarePics_mc)
tip - using TextPad or the like, you can use "find and replace" to change all instances of, say, Gallery1 to HarvardSqPics

your xmlDataPath will be your gallery name. Assuming you are using the flash muti gallery example fla.

changing size of viewer.swf in a base swf - several ways -
1.setting image max ht and width will determine size of viewer
2.in options.as you can set fixed size
3. in base swf, timeline code
_global.SVStageWidth = 800;
_global.SVStageHeight = 550;

Also look at ImageArea.as StageManager.as too
Tip - make a back up of your freash SV folder. don't delete lines of code, just comment them out. add your own comments to keep track of your testing.

Richard

Thanks!

I can get everything to work w/ one exception.

When I publish my main movie w/ %100 which is what I want all works well until the viewer gets loaded then it reshapes the size of my page?

ie. main.swf opens, then you click on portfolio which loads the port.swf movie in a holder in the main.swf. From there you click on the wedding button which loads the load_multiple_viewers.swf. As soon as you do that it shifts the entire page to the left and viewer is off it's mark.

But, if I publish my main movie w/ "Match Movie" everything works perfectly!!

Then what's the problem right? Well, I want it to get publish w/ %100, that way there is no trouble w/ different browser resolutions. I if view my page @ 1024 x 768 the main.swf is too big.

If I view it @ 1280 x 1024 which is the resolution of choice for most 19" LCds then all is great... Obviously not everyone has a 19" LCD, but...

Sorry to be such a burden, but I just can't seem to figure out what I should do to correct this.

you can see what I mean here: http://www.living-waters.ca/flashtest/Maybe.html

Here I published it @ %100 all is normal until yo go to portfolio then click on the first button.

I am not against paying for help if we can get this figured out smile

Cheers,

I can get everything to work w/ one exception.

When I publish my main movie w/ %100 which is what I want all works well until the viewer gets loaded then it reshapes the size of my page?

ie. main.swf opens, then you click on portfolio which loads the port.swf movie in a holder in the main.swf. From there you click on the wedding button which loads the load_multiple_viewers.swf. As soon as you do that it shifts the entire page to the left and viewer is off it's mark.

But, if I publish my main movie w/ "Match Movie" everything works perfectly!!

Then what's the problem right? Well, I want it to get publish w/ %100, that way there is no trouble w/ different browser resolutions. I if view my page @ 1024 x 768 the main.swf is too big.

If I view it @ 1280 x 1024 which is the resolution of choice for most 19" LCds then all is great... Obviously not everyone has a 19" LCD, but...

Sorry to be such a burden, but I just can't seem to figure out what I should do to correct this.

you can see what I mean here: http://www.living-waters.ca/flashtest/Maybe.html

Here I published it @ %100 all is normal until yo go to portfolio then click on the first button.

I am not against paying for help if we can get this figured out smile

Cheers,

It's very weird in FF, not even close. Pm me with a link to your fla and I'll look at it in the morning. I think I know where the problem is hiding.

Richard

Thanks!