Topic: Thumbnails heads chopped off even though created in Photoshop

Hi,

I got my gallery embedded in my Dreamweaver page, and it is working now.  But even though I specifically created thumbnails in Photoshop which show the whole image, the thumbnails on the page show as chopped off.  Some of the heads are chopped off, so it does not look that nice.  I customized the gallery in SVManager and SVBuilder.  I manually replaced the thumbnails with the Photoshop ones.

How can I get my manually sized Photoshop images to show up in the gallery?

Thanks!

Re: Thumbnails heads chopped off even though created in Photoshop

SimpleViewer will crop thumbnail images to match the aspect ratio of the gallery thumbnail. So if you have square thumbnails in SimpleViewer and non-square thumbnail JPGs, they will get cropped. Try making square thumbnails in photoshop.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your help!

I made the thumbnails 80 px. by 80 px. so they are square.  Do I need to redo the gallery in SVBuilder?  I think I replaced the thumbnails after I did the customization in SVBuilder and SVManager.

If everything else is set/styled to your liking all you will have to do is change the hight and width of you thumbs in the gallery.xml and replace the old thumb images with the new if you haven't done that by copying them into the thumbnail folder. You can either open the gallery in svBuilder or open the the gallery.xml in notepad and change the thumbWidth and thumbHeight to 80.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike,

I changed the height to 80 px, and changed the thumbnail names to match my thumbnails (I had added th to the end  of the thumbnail image names - such as sylvieth.jpg) on the gallery.xml.  Now they are showing up correctly.

Thank you!