Topic: color balance/ color profile for images

hi there,

As I am batching my galleries, I have noticed that the images are not color balanced with the original files- they look radically different. I use Photoshop and sRGB profile for all of my work and haven't had this problem before. Is there a specific color setting that I should reassign my images to?

lisa

Re: color balance/ color profile for images

Does this help?

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … #trouble_7

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi there,

I followed the instructions from your suggested link and the images are still dull and gray. Is there a secret step that I am missing?

Could you post (or email me) a link to your site so I can take a look?

jack

Jack Hardie

thanks jack you did a nice job to helping others,...

I downloaded two of your photos: GWAR_3013.jpg and CHUD_06.jpg and opened them in PhotoShop. The first image seems to have an embedded Adobe RGB (1998) profile – great for print but pretty bad for the web. It looks fine in Safari and fine in PhotoShop because they both do color management but it looks washed-out in other browsers and in the gallery.

The second image seems like it has an embedded sRGB profile.

Try converting GWAR_3013 to sRGB then saving it with no embedded color profile. If you are using PhotoShop, it's Edit Menu > Convert to Profile and set Destination space to sRGB IEC6 1966-2.1 then uncheck the Embed Color Profile box in the Save for Web and Devices dialogue. Then upload the no-profile image up to the gallery with a new file name and compare it with the one that's already there.

If you'd like to know more about color management for the web and you can cope with the headache then take a long, slow look at http://www.gballard.net/psd/srgbforwww.html

jack

Jack Hardie