Topic: Feature Request - Thumbnail Position Overlay with an API toggle On/Off

Hi,

Simpleviewer Pro is a great product. However, depending on the design of the site you are building, I think the current thumbnail positioning creates two issues that are not easily solved at the moment. They are 1) the thumbs take up too much real estate of the overall frame, and 2) they create a distraction from the main image. One thing that I think would make it much better is if you could set the thumbnail position to "Overlay_Bottom" or Overlay_Top" like you can currently do with the caption. Then combine that with a simple API function to toggle the the thumbs On and Off (there could also be a Overlay - Hover setting).

I've read through the forums and the only thing I've seen suggested is to have a second gallery of only thumbs and then writing a custom API function to pass information between the two. That seems really complex and bound to cause all kinds of problems.

Yes, this would help me out on a current project so there is some self interest but I think it would also be a great addition to Simpleviewer overall. For me, the main weakness of Simpleviewer is a lack of flexibility in how the thumbnails are displayed. This suggestion is one man's opinion at a potential solution to that problem.

I am a relative noob. If anyone has a way to do what I am suggesting with the current Simpleviewer Pro, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Feature Request - Thumbnail Position Overlay with an API toggle On/Off

You can adjust the size of the thumbnails with thumbHeight and thumbWidth.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … tml#thumbs

this example is close to what you are looking for just use the fixed layout option to move the thumbnails over the main image.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Mike,

That's it. Is there a  "show" or "toggle" API method to turn the thumbs on and off?

You can just switch the thumbPosition option between whatever you have it set to and none. There are examples in the Pro download for how to set options with ActionScript or JavaScript.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK. That sounds like exactly what I was looking for. The thumbs are much more flexible than I realized. Thanks a lot for the help.