Topic: SVManager reporting errors...

My client... waltkuhnimages.com is having problems with the manager..

here's what we're seeing after logging into the manager...

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 292)
Notice: unable to save preferences to ../motorsports/preferences.txt
Notice: unable to write xml to file ../motorsports/gallery.xml
Notice: unable to save gallery data to ../motorsports/gallery.xml file

any ideas?

I really appreciate your help.

cheers

Barry Kettery
Imagewave Studios
Indianapolis, IN

Re: SVManager reporting errors...

This looks like a server permissions problem.

Is it a new install?

Have you/your client installed the free svManager compatibility test?

You'll find more information on permissions in the Troubleshooting section of the svManager user manual.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hey Jack,

This is NOT a new install.

Everything was working fine for six months.
I checked with the host (FATCOW) and no changes have been made on their end.

I appreciate you're help!  I'm stumped.

Something has obviously changed on the server but what?

Suggestions:

Check the permissions anyway.

Do a new install of the svManager server compatibility test and see if that shows any problems.

Set svManager debug mode to get a full error message and post it here. To set debug mode edit the file svmanager/includes/constants.php, find the following line:

// Set DEBUG to true for detailed error messages
define('DEBUG', false);

Change this to:

define('DEBUG', true);

It's not usually a good idea to mess around with a live site. So consider doing a second install of svManager in another folder and doing your tests on that. Backups are good too!

jack

Jack Hardie

well...   the system test was all green

here's some of the error code I'm seeing...

Thanks again!

NEW GALLERY

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/galleryset.php on line 292

Notice: unable to save preferences to g9/preferences.txt in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 176

Notice: unable to write xml to file g9/gallery.xml in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/plugins/simpleviewer2/sv2gallery.php on line 507

Notice: unable to save gallery data to g9/gallery.xml file in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 158

Notice: preferences file g9/preferences.txt, is corrupt; default values will be used in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 618

Notice: XML in g9/gallery.xml is not well-formed. Error: Invalid document end at line:1 column:1.
Rebuild may be necessary. in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 648

Notice: unable to save preferences to g9/preferences.txt in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 176

Notice: unable to write xml to file g9/gallery.xml in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/plugins/simpleviewer2/sv2gallery.php on line 507

Notice: unable to save gallery data to g9/gallery.xml file in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 158

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/galleryset.php on line 292

EDIT

Notice: unable to save preferences to ../motorsports/preferences.txt in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 176

Notice: unable to write xml to file ../motorsports/gallery.xml in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/plugins/simpleviewer2/sv2gallery.php on line 507

Notice: unable to save gallery data to ../motorsports/gallery.xml file in /hermes/web02/b2953/moo.walterwk1/svadmin2/classes/gallery.php on line 158

It still looks like a permissions problem – but I don't know why they should change when they used to be correct. Your post reads like the test ran ok without you having to change any permissions - yes? In particular, safe mode off – yes?

Is this a Linux server or Windows? Did you check the permissions on the svmanager folder and contents? What were they on files and folders?

How about trying a second install of svManager in another folder side-by-side with the original? Post back with news of whether this is working or not. If the new install is working then we can decide where to go from there.

And I don't want to be tedious but...backups are good  wink

jack

Jack Hardie

Hey Jack,

I'm not having any luck getting this to come back to life.
Any chance you can provide me with some more direct assistance? My customer is getting a little impatient.

I've tried everything you suggested... except I'm not sure how to install a "fresh" copy of the manager while keeping all the existing data in place.

thanks

barry