Topic: More Error Mesages

I originally had the v1 Simpleviewer, Postcard Viewer, etc. installed and all worked very well (except for Simple Viewer which said that 'Gallery XML could not be found').

Having updated to the latest beta of WP Simpleviewer, I get the following error message when I save a draft copy and when I try to view the draft copy:

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/dcanwctr/public_html/blog/wp-content/uploads/.xml" in /home/dcanwctr/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 779

Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on a non-object in /home/dcanwctr/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/wp-simpleviewer.php on line 784

It did, once, show the simple viewer window in a draft post with the message 'Gallery XML could not be found'.

I have the wp-uploads permissions set to 777 as per the instructions.

Any ideas what is going wrong with the new version and why I get the XML missing message?

I have created a new post and SimpleViewer kind of works in this. I suspect that the original draft post became corrupt. Once the SimpleViewer plug-in has loaded, I have a message saying "No images specified in Gallery XML".

How do I specify images in the XML? There are no options to do this anywhere obvious that I have found. DO I need to manually write them into the post everytime I create a new gallery? Or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by KBPhoto (2010-08-15 10:50:44)

Re: More Error Mesages

I finally managed to delete the corrupt post - seems to have been an error when I attached a thumbnail image to the post which screwed up Simple Viewer!

Seems to be OK now, but a little convoluted when trying to make any changes to settings - why when the settings are made in the SimpleViewer tab in the Dashboard, do you have to have them in the post as well?

When making changes, you have to change it twice, which seems daft compared to other software (and to older versions of Posctcard viewer, etc.).

I also seem to have duplicates of some (but not all) of the images? How did this happen?

I have deleted the images, uploaded again and reattached to the post. But still have duplicates...

Last edited by KBPhoto (2010-08-15 11:30:40)

Re: More Error Mesages

Please try updating your plugin version to the latest (non-BETA) version. Delete you current WP-Simpleviewer folder and re-install the latest: … pleviewer/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.