Topic: Use Thumbnail-Layer only?

For a current project I am interrested in using SVs thumbnail-navigation. Using the API I can catch the events necessary to handle anything after the selection of a thumb.

Is it possible to use just the thumbnail-navigation and disable all the other regions/functionality? (so that they not only not show but even more important don't register event listeners)

regards,
stephan

Last edited by sherzog (2010-08-15 15:24:51)

Re: Use Thumbnail-Layer only?

How is having the listeners active if the element is disabled an issue for what you are doing?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Use Thumbnail-Layer only?

Hello miker,

thanks for your reply.

I have worst possible experience with listeners active/not correctly disposed in flash-projects. I always aim to get rid of them if not absolutely necessary. (you surly know about the difficulties with garbage collection in flash...).

My second concern is that if the listeners are active, but the component inactive, it might be still possible that the component listens to those events and loads images, starts tweens etc. although not being visible. That again could result in slower overall-performance.

I however found a way through the API to get control over all the components of the application - so I no longer have to load content into my own canvas-classes but can use the ones that come with SV.  big_smile

regards,
stephan