Topic: Images not showing on viewer.swf

I wasn't able to find anything similar to this in previous topics. My viewer.swf works good both on my computer and on the internet, but it doesn't load images when I set it to open inside a shadowbox item.
I'm assuming it isn't a filename or path issue, since it works outside the shadowbox. How can I fix it?

Last edited by Fraxav (2010-11-04 22:25:20)

Re: Images not showing on viewer.swf

If the gallery files are not in the same folder as where you are opening them from, for AutoViewer use xmlURL to point to the gallery.xml and you may have to adjust the paths to the image in the gallery.xml.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … tions.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

My files are all in the same folder, which has a subfolder containing all the images. This is the default situation, I guess.
The swf works on the internet as well, but the same link to the file, set to open inside the popular shadowbox, doesn't work.
Is that a matter of file paths?

Last edited by Fraxav (2010-11-04 22:28:35)

My files are all in the same folder

Your main page which you are opening the shadowbox form is not in the same folder as the rest of the gallery files. So you need to point the swf to where the XML is.

Mike Richards

Oh, now I see what you meant. Thanks it works now.

Mike, the gallery is finally working, but it's showing really small, plus the background isn't transparent yet!
I've tried changing the options for the shadowbox (mainly the colors, to check if the black background comes from there) with disappointing results. I guess I should edit the .as files but everybody is using the html to embed the gallery so I have no idea what to write in there.

I was able to change the background color but still have no idea on how I could make that background transparent (even if I believe that the swf is already transparent but the shadowbox overrides it).

The piece that is not transparent is the HTML you are loading into shadowbox. You can try the CSS below, but it may not work in all browsers such as IE. You will probably have to search the net for another solution that has cross browser compatibility.

<style type="text/css">
Body { Background: transparent; }
</style>

the gallery is finally working, but it's showing really small, plus the background isn't transparent yet!

I would try loading it in a HTML instead of loading the swf by itself.

Mike Richards

In HTML transparency is the default for backgrounds. I removed the the background color from the body tag and from the flash object in index.html. Also tried removing backgrounds from the body and div tags in my CSS and still didn't work. Maybe the shadowbox adds that color?
I went for the swf to focus on flash settings, so how could I check if it is really transparent?

Maybe the shadowbox adds that color?

No idea I would try the shadowbox forums.

how could I check if it is really transparent?

Add something behind it in the HTML, like an image.

Mike Richards

I contacted the guys at shadowbox to see if they can tell me something about their application.
Meanwhile, I removed the background color for the flash embed area in shadowbox and the swf gallery has now a white/greyish background (the same it has when I open viewer.swf in local). I was assuming that color meant transparency but it's not transparent at all inside shadowbox (as you can see if you open the gallery on the left in my page).
Any idea about that? Maybe I should set up something inside the swf itself.
Thanks for your patience...

Last edited by Fraxav (2010-11-04 22:32:35)

For the transparency to work I believe the swf needs to be embedded in an HTML, so that you can pass it the wmode parameter. If you really only want to link to the swf you may be able to edit the flash and set wmode there, though I have never tried that.

Mike Richards

Hi there
Have perhaps some similar problem, the gallery.xml is showing only 5 from 12 images in the images folder, although I don't see any error in writing or links or paths, there's no progressive jpg either, all the same

You can see it here: http://culturelle.asso.univ-poitiers.fr … e=sommaire

If I change the fitth by a later one it will show but, the gallery doesn't go farther than Number 5

Any help appreciated, thanks
Martin

it's working now, syntax error, but I'm wondering if it's possible to turn endless after the last to the first.
Only option I found is looping to the left in order to find the first image.
Is that possible ?
Thanks

Martin

Setting loopAutoplay to true (which is possibly what you are referring to) is the closest preconfigured option for what you are looking to achieve.
http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/supp … s.html#pro
However, AutoViewer Pro comes with source code so if you have Adobe Flash and a knowledge of ActionScript, you may be able to publish a new SWF file which has the functionality you desire.
http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/pro/support/#source

Steven Speirs

That's what I did - setting loopAutoplay to true - I'm not really good in actionscript and hoped having some more functionalities by buying this - but you're right, there's all as announced.
I'll take a look to flash forums, thanks

Martin