Topic: captions not showing

Hi

I'm sure this is a simple question, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

The captions show when I browse to the original index.html http://www.sarahrivett-carnac.co.uk/tes … index.html.

I then have copied the inline css and <div id="flashContent"> etc link from the original 'index.html' file and pasted these into my clients 'index.html' page so that the gallery is embedded within the clients website. When I do this, the captions frustratingly disappear, see http://www.sarahrivett-carnac.co.uk/test-new/index.html.

I'm using v203 (not the pro version - do I have to use Pro to show captions maybe?)

This is a snippet from my gallery.xml file. Maybe I'm missing a setting? I've also pasted in the css that I copied to my clients index.html file below this.
--
<simpleviewergallery

galleryStyle="MODERN"
    title=""
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    frameWidth="20"
    thumbPosition="LEFT"
    thumbColumns="3"
    thumbRows="4"
    showOpenButton="TRUE"
    showFullscreenButton="TRUE"   
    maxImageWidth="640"
    maxImageHeight="640"
    useFlickr="true"
    flickrUserName="sarahrivett"
    flickrTags=""
    languageCode="AUTO"
    languageList=""       
    imagePath="images/"
    thumbPath="thumbs/"

>

-- CSS copied from original index.html file to clients index.html file
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
params.bgcolor = "f7f8f3";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

I didn't copy and paste the rest of the css (below), but did add it to test it, but captions still didn't show.

<style type="text/css" media="screen">   
            html, body    { height:100%; }
            body {           
                margin:0;
                padding:0;
                overflow:hidden;
                background-color: #222;
                color:#666;
                font-family:sans-serif;
                font-size:20px;       
            }
            a {   
                color:#ff0000;   
            }
        </style>

<image imageURL="images/tall.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/tall.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption>SimpleViewer is a free, customizable Flash image gallery. Use it to display your images on any web page in a professional, intuitive and simple way.</caption>   
</image>

Thanks very much. I'd really appreciate any ideas.
Lee

Re: captions not showing

The captions are there it's just white on an off white so they are hard to see, try changing textColor="FFFFFF" in the gallery.xml.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

aahhhh. THANK YOU. I am about to go out for the evening and was very depressed and about to chuck it all in sad It has been a hell of a 2 days to get this working after 2 days of trying SimpleViewer with Picasa and then FlickrViewer.
Big glass of wine for me.

The textColor="FFFFFF" does not work in IE helaas...

textColor="FFFFFF"

... as described here sets the color of the title and caption text and works fine in IE (when set as an attribute in the <simpleviewergallery> tag in the XML file).
If you are still encountering difficulties, please post a URL to your gallery.

Steven Speirs

textColor="FFFFFF" is working fine in IE for me. Did you clear your browser's cache after making the change? If that doesn't work please post the URL of your gallery that is having the issue.

Mike Richards

I deleted the file from the server and reloaded it and my issue was solved.... Dreamweaver retard?

Ta