Topic: Images not scaled down

Yesterday, I installed the WP-SimpleViewer plugin-in through my dashboard; the plug-in that comes through the wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ database is version 1.5.4. I set up several viewers with this plug-in, but I had hoped to get the style of the "Compact" viewer, as opposed to the classic; also, this version of the plug-in doesn't seem to work in FireFox.

Today, I uploaded the new plug-in from this site. I really wish it worked, because I like the style of it better, and I like the idea of using the files already in my WordPress Gallery.

Issues I've found are:

• Images in SimpleViewer are not scaled down properly; a large image file appears in the SimpleViewer window, but only the center of the image is visible, as opposed to the image being scaled to fit.

• Images in SimpleViewer do not always appear in the order of the WordPress Gallery.

• There is no way to delete "galleries" once created (that I can see).

Really, the first one is the biggest. I could find a work-around for the others, but if my images don't fit in the viewer, it is pretty useless. This has the potential to be a great plug-in; one that I have been looking for years and would be willing to pay for, if it worked consistently.

I am running WP 3.0.1

Re: Images not scaled down

Images in SimpleViewer are not scaled down properly; a large image file appears in the SimpleViewer window, but only the center of the image is visible, as opposed to the image being scaled to fit.

This is a known issue with the compact gallery style. Please check here for solutions: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … #general_4

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok. Thanks for that.

I seem to have most everything working now, except my "Go Fullscreen" button doesn't work. I searched the forum this time, but still didn't get any ideas.

You can see a gallery here at http://galleryd.net/images/weddings/

I still doesn't show up in my firefox (on OSX 10.6) but it does show up on another computer running Vista. I saw on the forums that firefox seems to be finicky...

As far as ordering of images goes, should the WP-SimpleViewer plug-in adjust to the custom ordering of images within the WordPress Gallery menu, or are images always arranged by filename, or date, or other indicators from the SimpleViewer menu?

If I can get that figured out, that should be the last big glitch for me to overcome before buying.

Which version of the plugin are you using? Looks like you may be using an older version.

The latest version is v2.0.3 - available here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … pleviewer/

Felix Turner

Hello
And what about the 2 last questions ?

• Images in SimpleViewer do not always appear in the order of the WordPress Gallery.

• There is no way to delete "galleries" once created (that I can see).

I have the same problem.
WP 3.0.1
SW 2.0.3

Images are attached to an Article and a gallery "WordPress Library / Modern" is added.

- Images don't appear in the right order.
- Images are replicated in the the article's gallery.
- Impossible to delete a gallery in the SimpleViewer/EditGalleries section.

I added 3 galleries by testing SimpleViewer and I would like to erase some of them. I think that why I see images multiple times in the same gallery.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

- Images don't appear in the right order. -> FIXED
- Images are replicated in the the article's gallery. -> FIXED

please install the latest version of the plugin 2.0.4 to get the fixes.

Felix Turner

whaou ! impressive. Everything works fine. Well done !!! Thank you

Is there a way to delete a old gallery ?

You can manually delete old galleries by looking in your Uploads folder and deleting the files titled "1.xml" "2.xml" etc., as they correspond to the old galleries.

Just a note about deleting the xml files in the uploads folder...
The gallery_id.xml files do, indeed, correspond to galleries listed when selecting 'Edit Galleries' but I ran into trouble when trying to trash a post which included a gallery whose xml file I had deleted manually, ie. it didn't work!  Make sure you trash the post first.

Steven Speirs