Topic: Going directly to a specific image in a set of images - possible?

Is it possible to go directly to a specific image in a set of images in SV-Pro gallery? I'm a flash-newbe. And SV-Pro newbe. Found nothing close to my question in support pages. How do I do this, if it's possible?

What I want is to have one set of images and within it a second smaller set which would in the end link back to a chosen image in the first gallery. For example:

Gallery one: image 1, image 2, image 3 (link to the second gallery in caption, to image 3a), image 4, image 5 and so on.
Gallery two: image 3a, image 3b, ..., image 3x - link to image no 4 in gallery one.

What I've came up so far is creating a gallery two .xml which would not end with image 3x, but continue with image 4, etc. But that's not... elegant and certainly not functional : / if I wanted to change something, a caption for example, I'd have to edit all .xml files.

Help...

EDIT: Or, in other words, how do I extract a link to an image from, for example, thumbnails?

Last edited by tohuwabohu (2010-08-21 15:49:28)

Re: Going directly to a specific image in a set of images - possible?

You can use firstImageIndex to go to a specific image. With the API you can track how many images are in a gallery and what image you are on. Between those to things you could melodramatically do what you are asking.

However and easier solution would be to put all of the images in one gallery the second set first, use  firstImageIndex to start on the first set and use enableLooping so that when they get to the end they would look around the the first set.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.