Topic: Embedding Autoviewer

Hi, I am a complete newbie with Autoviewer. I've tried unsuccessfully to embed Autoviewer on my website but I am not sure what's wrong. I thought I'd just write down the steps I have taken so it'll be evident for an expert to tell exactly what went wrong. Here goes:

1) Download Autoviewer from http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/
2) Create the gallery using Photoshop CS4
3) Upload entire Autoviewer directory file onto website using CuteFtp. I am not too sure about this step as I am not sure where exactly I should be uploading this file. I intend for the gallery to appear on a wordpress page within my site.
4) Copy and paste "<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">AutoViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "600", "8", "#181818");
fo.write("flashcontent");
</script> " onto the content for the new Page (titled mygallery) which I am creating

I know I've probably made some mistakes somewhere. Can anyone help me out?
Many thanks in advance!

Re: Embedding Autoviewer

Please post a URL to the gallery on your web site.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

If you are looking to use AutoViewer with wordpress I suggest using a plug-in such as Nextgen gallery. You will need two pieces to get the gallery running the nextgen-gallery plug-in and the flash addon nextgen-flashviewer.

Mike Richards

@Stephen, I installed both plugins and I am getting a message "The autoviewer.swf is not in the .../plugins/nggflash-swf/ folder. AutoViewer will not work." I went to my online files and I do not see any folder such as this.

NextGENFlashviewer has its on plug-in folder and NextGENGallery Has it's own folder, but no sub folder such as this one. Am I doing something wrong?

Take a look at the instructions here:
http://shabushabu.eu/software-plugins/n … ashviewer/

You will need to create the folder nggflash-swf manually and put the autoviewer.swf file in there yourself.

Steven Speirs

Thank you. All files in the folder or just the .swf?

Just the autoviewer.swf file.

Create the plugins/nggflash-swf folder
Upload the file autoviewer.swf into the nggflash-swf folder
Activate the plugins (NextGEN Gallery and NextGen FlashViewer)
Create a gallery using the Gallery/Add Gallery option from the dashboard menu
Create a post and in the body of the post, use a tag such as:

[autoviewer id="1" width="600" height="400"]

... making sure that the gallery id is correct

Steven Speirs

Awesome! Trying now.

Well that's not what I want. What about the beautiful slideshow I created with the script in PS CS4? How do I get that into the gallery? All this does is use the auto viewer to show the photo's I uploaded.

This doesn't help though... big_smile

#7 Go to your post and enter tag [Gallery not found], [Gallery not found], [Gallery not found] or [Gallery not found]

or

#8 To use TiltViewer with images from your Flickr account, enter your user ID in the settings and enter a tag like this [Gallery not found]

What is supposed to be there?

I realised the instructions I posted a link to contained the text [Gallery not found] which is why I typed out instructions in my last post.
The NextGEN plugins create an AutoViewer gallery from scratch, rather than embedding an existing gallery.
I wouldn't know where to start trying to embed an existing gallery into a WordPress post, which is why these plugins exist.
You can, however, alter some of the gallery settings via the Gallery/FlashViewer dashboard option.
If you want to include any further XML options, then you could manually edit the autoviewer.php file in the wp-content/plugins/nextgen-flashviewer/xml/ folder.
What features of your existing gallery do you want to include that are not available using the plugin?

Steven Speirs

Well,

I created a gallery with http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … oshop.html

and just need to know how to post it on my site. There are instructions on how to create the gallery, which I have done, but none on posting "that" gallery on the website.

If you have a gallery and some web space, all you need to do is upload all the files using an FTP client.
The problem is with embedding an existing gallery into a WordPress post, which is why the NextGEN plugins were suggested.

If you still intend to have an AutoViewer gallery in WordPress, then what features of your existing gallery do you want to include that are not available using the plugin?  There might be a way to replicate your existing gallery with the tools available.
Otherwise, would uploading the gallery as it currently is to your web host and linking to it via a link in a WordPress post be a suitable alternative?

Steven Speirs