Topic: Gallery xml not found

Hello,

I purchased Svmanager (in the bundle with the other products). But the start with the product is very promising. I created a gallery in SVManager with some images. I used the view option in SVManager but the gallery doesn't show up.

I get the error message "Gallery XML Not Found". I checked the file permissions in the folder svmanager. Changed it to higher permissions, but it has any effect on the gallery.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Tjaard

ps. When I download the map to my computer then the gallery works!

Last edited by Tjaard (2010-08-24 20:57:27)

Re: Gallery xml not found

Can you post a link to the gallery so I can take a look.

Did you make any changes to the svManager settings?

Did you move any of the files?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Jack,

The link to the map with the photos is http://www.tjaard-heikens.nl/svmanager/veluwe/

I didn't make any change to the svManagers setting, I only changed the password. I also did'nt move any file.

Tjaard

When I try to browse to http://www.tjaard-heikens.nl/svmanager/ … allery.xml then I get the message "You don't have permission to access /svmanager/veluwe/gallery.xml on this server."

So it could be a server permissions problem. Please check all the permissions including the svmanager folder, the veluwe folder and the gallery.xml file.

When you first create a new gallery, it will have the default name, for instance g1. Does it work before you change the name? Are you changing the gallery folder name with ftp or are you changing it in svManager?

jack

Jack Hardie

Jack,

The permissions on the map veluwe are set to 777. I checked that with DirectAdmin.

It didn't also work before I changed the name in svManager to Veluwe.

What I discovered is that the gallery works on a windows server. see http://www.vp-design.nl/veluwe/.

Are there special requirements for a Linux with the CentOS system? Thats is the server for www.tjaard-heikens.nl

Tjaard

SvManager was developed on Linux servers and then tested on Windows servers. Most svManager installations are on Linux. I'm not aware of any features of CentOS that might cause problems.

I should be able to see the gallery.xml file in a browser but I'm still getting the message "You don't have permission...". So I'm not using svManager or SimpleViewer but something is stopping me from reading that file. How about the permissions on the gallery.xml file itself?

jack

Jack Hardie

Jack,

The problem is caused by the .htaccess file.
In this file you can comment out the next text:

## Deny access to extension xml files (uncomment out to activate)
#<Files ~ "\.xml$">
#Order allow,deny
#Deny from all
#Satisfy all
#</Files>
## End of deny access to extension xml files

If you activate this code than access to xml files is denied.

Do you now a way to activate this code for the whole site except for the svManager map?

with regards

Tjaard.

Ah – so that's the reason.

Restricting access to all xml files on a server is fairly unusual. I've never seen it before. Do you really need to do it?

If you really do need to do it then I think you could put another .htaccess file inside the svmanager folder that would override the .htaccess file in the web root.

I'm not an expert on .htaccess files so I don't want to give more precise advice – I might be wrong!

jack

Jack Hardie