Topic: SWF from Pro Folder Doesn't Upgrade Photoshop Script

I followed the instructions and copied the SWF file from the downloaded pro web folder and replaced the one in the photoshop CS4 script simpleviewer folder and when I open photoshop it still shows the free version layout.

When I open the SVbuilder it says simpleviewer pro 2 must be installed?

And now I have no button in the script that lets me create the gallery

Last edited by darkvisions (2010-08-26 17:03:53)

Re: SWF from Pro Folder Doesn't Upgrade Photoshop Script

I followed the instructions and copied the SWF file from the downloaded pro web folder and replaced the one in the photoshop CS4 script simpleviewer folder and when I open photoshop it still shows the free version layout.

This is correct nothing will change, the reason you replace the swf is so that galleries you produce with Photoshop will use the pro version of the swf.

When I open the SVbuilder it says simpleviewer pro 2 must be installed?

If you are trying to edit a gallery in svBuilder, the gallery must have the PRO version of the simplevewer.swf in that gallery's folder. You can update existing galleries by deleting the simpleviewer.swf in the gallery folder and copy the PRO version of the simplevewer.swf from the pro download into the gallery folder.

And now I have no button in the script that lets me create the gallery

In the photoshop script? If so you need to increase your screen resolution.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks I figured everything out except for the missing make gallery button...and it seems to be fine now.

One thing though, in the Colors demo there are captions under the photos...where and how do I do that. Captions are the main reason I got the Pro version..

Thanks again...love the program!!

Use captionPosition BOTTOM in your gallery.xml to move the captions below the image. You can find all of the caption options here.

Mike Richards

Maybe i am being naive about this, but where do you type in the captions for the images.

The captions are in the gallery.xml between the <caption> tags, <caption> Type your text here </caption>.

<image imageURL="images/wide.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/wide.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption>SimpleViewer-Pro has no branding or download link.</caption>    
</image>
<image imageURL="images/tall.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/tall.jpg" linkURL="" linkTarget="" >
    <caption><![CDATA[No Flash® IDE needed. Customization via XML or by using <u><a href="http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/support/svbuilder.html" target="_blank">svBuilder</a></u>.]]></caption>    
</image>
Mike Richards

Duh....!!  Thanks, feel like an idiot.... big_smile

Got it.....works perfectly...thanks again!!

Last edited by darkvisions (2010-08-27 19:07:10)