Topic: Simpleviewer v1.7 not supported for Google Chrome

Hi forum, i currently have simpleviewer version 1.7 installed on my website for my photo galleries. Is there simple way to upgrade to the latest version (2.0.3) too support Google Chrome etc...

Re: Simpleviewer v1.7 not supported for Google Chrome

Don't think there should be a reason that it would not work with chrome. If you would like us to take a look please post your URL, or to upgrade follow these instructions.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike Richards wrote:

Don't think there should be a reason that it would not work with chrome. If you would like us to take a look please post your URL, or to upgrade follow these instructions.

sample url: h**p://newbuildingslol1087.co.uk/site/media/gallery/2010/twelfth2010/   (replace ** with tt)

This link goes directly to the upgrade.html page. Clicking to upgrade flash player states "Your Google Chrome browser already includes the latest Adobe® Flash® Player built-in."

It looks like your flash detection routine (in flash_detect.js) is to blame.  Running it in Chrome, Firefox and Safari returns the value '0'.  In IE, it gives the result '8' (even though I have 10.1 installed).

In flash_detect.js, there is a line:

var latestFlashVersion = 8;

Change this value to 10 and all 4 browsers I've tested it on then return the value '10'.  This might be enough for your website to function in the browsers mentioned above.

However, it is obviously not a future-proof flash detection routine (as it needs to be told what the latest version is) and you might be better off embedding your galleries with SWFObject which handles flash detection, allows you to specify a minimum Flash version required and supports expressInstall for easy installation of Flash for those users who do not have the minimum required version of Flash installed (see http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … ng.html#js for details).

Steven Speirs

Hi,

I have the same issue with 1.7. I'd like to upgrade, but the instructions aren't working out for me, because I don't have a gallery.xml file in my folder (I have imageData.xml instead).

I tried rewriting imageData.xml and re-saving it as gallery.xml but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? Is it possible to upgrade from 1.7 to 2.1?

Thanks

Robert

Please post the contents of the XML file

Mike Richards

Is it possible to upgrade from 1.7 to 2.1?

I'm not sure - that version is so old I forget smile

The easiest way to upgrade would be to install the latest svBuilder, create a new gallery and add the images from your v1.7 image folder.

Felix Turner