Topic: code showing up in archive list

Hi,

I've implemented simpleviewer pro on my wordpress page successfully, there's some unwanted code showing up however.

In the post with the gallery itself i get this text showing underneath the simpleviewer container:

[gallery]

when there are options filled in in the gallery in wordpress they are shown as well.

worse than this when i ask the archive list of the category 'foto's' that i created there is simpleviewer code shown.

for example here i have two pages names 'foto test' and 'opname van raphaelle' with the category 'fotos'. if i click 'fotos' to get a list of posts i get this:

foto test

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }
02/09/2010 – 10:33 | Door admin | Geplaatst in Foto's | Pas aan | Reactie (1)

Opname van Raphaëlle

#gallery-2 { margin: auto; } #gallery-2 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-2 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-2 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

In the post i have this code
[simpleviewer gallery_id="3" bgcolor="ffffff" gallery_width ="100%" gallery_height ="600"]
and straight after that just the wordpress gallery inserted just like in your explanation.
there's nothing else. If i put some text in the body of the post it is shown together with the code.

am I doing something wrong?

best regards,
Mukti

Re: code showing up in archive list

In the post i have this code
[simpleviewer gallery_id="3" bgcolor="ffffff" gallery_width ="100%" gallery_height ="600"]
and straight after that just the wordpress gallery inserted just like in your explanation.

When using the WP-SimpleViewer plugin v2.0.4 (the latest version which can be found here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … pleviewer/), the code enclosed in [] is the gallery.
What exactly do you have 'straight after that'?  It might not be necessary and could be the reason for the extraneous code being displayed.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

There may be some confusion between galleries.
When you create a SimpleViewer gallery, once you have uploaded your images, click 'Save changes' on the 'Gallery' tab rather than 'Insert Gallery'.  'Insert Gallery' is a WordPress feature, rather than a requirement to create a SimpleViewer gallery and this is where the [gallery] tag is coming from.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

that's fixed  it, thanx!
a bit confusing indeed since simpleviewer works perfectly well when clicking 'insert gallery', you just get the code showing up.

Forgot to mention that i purchased the pro version, keep up the good work!

kind regards,
Mukti