Topic: No Images Specified in Gallery XML

Hello,

I'm really quite new to editing code, but I'm getting through it slowly. One thing I can't get my head around is the XML Gallery though. I love the SimpleViewer, and I'd love to have it as my image viewer on m blog, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong for the photos to display on my Wordpress blog.

I've uploaded everything to my server, and created a Gallery onto my post, but when I try and add photos, all I get is just the photos stacked up, one by one underneath each other, with the message 'No Images Specified in Gallery XML' where the SimpleViewer would be.

Here's an example of what I mean;

http://www.thegallivantingjournals.co.u … t-william/

I plan on creating a Gallery for pretty much all my blog post - as it's a travelling blog - a nice and clean viewer would be awesome.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'll be very grateful.
Thanks.

Re: No Images Specified in Gallery XML

How did you create the gallery? Did you use the new WP-SimpleViewer plugin (2.0.4)? Or some other method?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hey Felix.

Yeah, I uploaded the WP-SimpleViewer plugin (2.0.4) on to my ftp, and activated it etc, that part went fine.

To create the Gallery, I clicked the 'Add Image' from the button on the main text window, (the wee square box next to 'Upload/Insert') and grabbed them from my hard drive. Am I doing something completely wrong here? What's the correct way of adding images?

Thanks
- Iestyn

Try creating a sample gallery in a post with perhaps just an image or two using the steps below:

Click 'Posts/Add New'
Click the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' icon from the list of icons alongside 'Upload/Insert'
In the pop-up window, select 'WordPress Library' as the 'Image Source'
Choose your other settings and lick 'Add Gallery' at the bottom of the pop-up window
Now click the 'Add an image' icon from the list of icons alongside 'Upload/Insert'
On The 'From Computer' tab of the pop-up window, click 'Select Files'
Select the image(s) from your local drive
Add comments if required and click 'Save all changes' at the bottom of the pop-up window
This should bring you to the 'Gallery' tab which can safely be closed
Publish the post and the gallery should be OK

Steven Speirs

Hey Steven, thanks for you reply.

I've just had a chance to try this out, but it still doesn't work. I'm sure there's something really simple that I'm just not doing. Do i need to edit the XML file on my FTP or anything?

When in the Gallery tab, I feel like I need to 'insert' the pictures somewhere, as opposed to just 'Save all changes'. Any ideas?

I'm not exactly sure what you're doing wrong as I'm unable to create a post exactly like yours.
The fact that your images appear below your empty gallery makes me think that you are clicking 'Insert into post' when editing (eg adding captions) each image.  This is not required to attach an image to a SimpleViewer gallery.  Just clicking 'Save changes' at the bottom should be enough.
However, even if I try this, the images appear in the gallery as well as being displayed individually below the gallery.
I can't seem to get an empty gallery and images displayed below.
The instructions here work for me: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … er/#create

You could edit the XML file manually (just as you would for a 'traditional' SimpleViewer gallery) as long as you get the paths for each image correct. (Check the gallery id and edit the corresponding [gallery_id].xml file in the wp-content/uploads folder.) It will work but should not be necessary.

Steven Speirs

Please follow the instructions here to add a SimpleViewer gallery. Try with a fresh gallery: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … pleviewer/

Felix Turner