Topic: Multiple galleries

basically I want to load a different xml when I click a button.
Any clue?
t

Re: Multiple galleries

Hi,

Please check the SimpleViewer FAQ, Q16: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

The same approach works for PostcardViewer.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Felix,
My question is about psotcardviewer.
I've tried the separate folder for each gallery method descibed for simpleviewer, but postcardviewer seems to need the viewer.swf and the imagedata.xml file in the same root folder as the .swf I'm calling them from (I'm calling the different viewer.swf's, that reside in different folders, from buttons in a container .swf into a level. not an html file).

So, basically it would be nice if I could have a .swf with three buttons each loading a different .xml into the same viewer.swf that resides on a different level or MC.

This MAY help, The viewer.swf and container.swf and gallery folders are in the same directory, with an xml file in each gallery folder.
This is from SV 1.7 Read Me which seems to be similar to postcardviewer structure

Is there a way to include in the root movie different links for each gallery loading galleries into viewer.swf?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. To load 3 different galleries into a FLA, do the following:

Create 3 new folders in the same folder as your FLA (for example "gal1","gal2","gal3"). Place a 'thumbs' and 'images' folder into each folder. Add your images.

In each gallery folder, add an imageData XML file. In each imageData file, specify: imagePath="galX/images/" and  thumbPath="galX/thumbs/"

In your new FLA, place 3 button MovieClips called "mcGal1","mcGal2","mcGal3" on the stage. Place an Empty clip called "mcViewer" where you want the viewer to appear. Place the following code in a frame.

//START CODE ///////////////////////

//set SV size
_global.gStageWidth = 640;
_global.gStageHeight = 480;

//Set button actions
mcGal1.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("gal1");   
}

mcGal2.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("gal2");       
}

mcGal3.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("gal3");       
}

//
function loadGallery(galName){
    _root.xmlDataPath = galName + "/imageData.xml"; 
    mcViewer.loadMovie("viewer.swf");
}

//load first gallery
loadGallery("gal1")

//END CODE //////////////////

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

PostcardViewer does not allow you to specify the xmlDataPath via a root variable, so the code above will not work in this case.

In order to dynamically switch out instances of postcardviewer inside another Flash movie, you would need to purchase and modify the source code.

Felix Turner

so there is a way to do it if I buy the source code?
Using the method above?
Can you be more specific?
thanks,
t

Felix,
I'd gladly pay for the source if I knew that it could be done.

Yes it can be done. Modifying PostcardViewer requires Flash and Actionscripting experience.

Felix Turner

Yes of course. I'm fairly well experienced.
Let me rephrase that question.
If I buy the code will you let me in on how to do it so I don't have to dive in and figure it out?