Topic: General settings

Thanks for this great update of WP SimpleViewer.

Would it be possible to save general settings of the gallery as they shown up if a new gallery would be created. I don't find any general settings so I have to set every parameter manually each time a new gallery is created.

This would be helpful especially if someone should build up a gallery and is not familiar with all the codes (some of my clients are).

Thanks
Thomas

Last edited by tmconnect (2010-09-09 07:38:48)

Re: General settings

It looks like the default settings are stored in the plugins/wp-simpleviewer/config.php file.
Try editing this file but please make a backup first!

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

... And with the next update it's gone - awesome.

I really think the team should focus on usability, some of us already had to setup 50+ galleries for not so geeky clients. That's a pain! But most people like Simpleviewer really well, so...no way out.

+1

Last edited by LM Werbeagentur (2010-09-25 14:52:21)

please, please, please include a way to save gallery templates, or even just set defaults. I am editing the config file, but it's definitely going to be annoying when an update comes and I have to do it all over again!

I want to strongly second that !!!
I would LOVE to set a general look for all new galleries created for my site...  it's a true pain to edit those manually every time !! Also if at least the clickable features would show up in the PRO-features area as text as well, then I could copy paste the textblock and insert it manually.

But really I want:
a) all the pro features editable thru a Web GUI (plus hints or help that works maybe at least a LINK to the webpage that explains the features, btw. there is room for improvement regarding those explanations as well)
b) the ability to save (named) gallery templates in that GUI (and/or as local textfiles)

kindest regards Jo

jakedeg wrote:

please, please, please include a way to save gallery templates, or even just set defaults. I am editing the config file, but it's definitely going to be annoying when an update comes and I have to do it all over again!