Topic: Simpleviewer works in post, but not via menu?

Hello. I have run into an issue I haven't encountered any reports on anywhere else.

I have succesfully intergrated simpleviewer in blog-posts (see http://www.robberdien.com) and it shows the pictures just how I want to.

The issue that I have is that when you use 'categories' to look for certain posts (either on the left or in the menu-bar), the simpleviewer plug-in doesn't seem to work any more?

I really don't understand what the issue is and have tried everything what I, with my limited knowledge, could think of...

Anybody any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

Re: Simpleviewer works in post, but not via menu?

I've just tried creating a couple of sample galleries (using WordPress 3.0.1 and SimpleViewer WordPress Plugin v2.0.4) and categorizing them.
When listing the posts by category, WordPress displays a single image and the message 'This gallery contains [number] photos.' for each post containing a gallery.

What versions of WordPress and the SimpleViewer plugin are you using?  It might me worthwhile upgrading to the latest versions of both if you are not already using them.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am using Wordpress 3.0.1 and Simpleviewer Wordpress Pluging 2.0.4, along with atahualpa theme 3.5.3.

Please note that simpleviewer displays the post and the images fine when you surf to the site (www.robberdien.com), but then when clicking on the categories is provides the error report 'flash needed'. I absolutely don't get the message you are stating; there is no images at all, just error code.

Hope you can provide some guidance how to correct this. I am lost  sad

Thanks for the additional information.
I've just installed the Atahualpa theme v3.5.3 and I can now see the code you describe rather than the gallery.
It is definitely the theme that is causing the problem.

Steven Speirs

Hmmmm, @#$#@$#!!!

Ok. Thanks  wink

I'll go out and start using the twenty-theme... Or do you have any recommandations for other themes...

Robbert

I guess themes are a personal choice and there are over 1,000 available so I can't really recommend any.
Just bear in mind that they may not all be bug-free.
I'm just using the default theme (TwentyTen) myself.

Steven Speirs

Thanks. I tried a lot of other themes, but none are as customizable as the one I was using.

This morning I had a brainwave and changed the settings from 'excerpts' only to full posts and now it works... ;-)

Thanks for the help though.