Topic: Autoviewer not read gallery.xml from a subdirectory

Hi everyone!!!

I really NEED your help. I bought Autoviewer Pro but I can't make it work for what I want.

My problem is this:
I'm doing my website in Flash CS3.
I have a main swf that is a map with different cities (e.g. cities.swf). Every time you click a city on the map I want the autoviewer gallery to load, but just one gallery per city, and then a button that goes back to the main swf (cities.swf)

I made different folders for the cities galleries, eg. new york, san francisco, etc. and in each folder I have all the files (autoviewer.swf, images folder, gallery.xml, swfobject.)

But........when I call from cities.swf the newyork gallery like this:

on (release) {
loadMovieNum("newyork/autoviewer.swf", 0)
}

only loads the autoviewer swf with the arrows and play buttons but without the images. yikes

Did I explain well? So it seems that the gallery.xml doesn't load if it's "call" from a file that is not in the same directory of it.
Is there a way where you can modify the gallery.xml file with different names, one for each gallery? I think that is the problem.

I tried to modify the AS file Options with no succes, and the multiple_galleries.fla to look like my cities.swf file but deform the images and the buttons looks huge, and i don't want the gallery to load with buttons on the side, I want to call one gallery ALONE, one for each of my buttons.

Any solution, recomendation? I hope you can answer me, I've been suffering many days with this. sad

Thank you

Re: Autoviewer not read gallery.xml from a subdirectory

Are you using xmlURL to point to where the XML is?

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … tions.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike, thank you for your answer.

The option to edit the xml is only for html and my site is in Flash, so I need to call the autoviewer.swf from another .swf movie not an html file.

Anyway, I did what you told me:
fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "newyork/gallery.xml"); and put the html outside the folder "new york" but still don´t work.

The "patch" solution that I made was to create an index2.html in the newyork folder and paste the autoviewer.swf inside, and then I call index2.html from my main .swf but should not be this way.

It was supposed to be easy modify the files and there is no option to do it by Flash. In this way was not necesary purchase the product. It could have made it with the free version.

Thanks

You can set it in flash using _root.xmlURL, check the example that comes with the pro download.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes, but that's for the multiple galleries file only. That file is completely different to the main autoviewer.fla. I wanted this file for my gallery, not the multiple one.

Is there a way to modify the autoviewer.fla xml?

Thanks