Topic: Simple Viewer in Google sites

The simple question is: has anyone had success installing SimpleViewer in Google sites?

I have downloaded SimpleViewer, made templates with CS3 and Picassa and in both, by clicking index.html, the viewer works - brilliantly, just what I want to show off my photographs - nice and clean and simple! The trouble is, because I am extremely new to web design (and in the autumn of my years so the brain cells don't work as well as they used to  tongue ) I don't know how to get it into my Google sites web site. Probably I'm missing something extremely simple. Maybe it can't be done, which would be a pity. Has anyone gone down this route?

Any assistance would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Re: Simple Viewer in Google sites

In short, no. See here for more information: … made-in-iW

An alternative might be to find some web space elsewhere (try Googling, there are several free hosts out there) and use WordPress with the SimpleViewer WordPress plugin.

Updated information.

Last edited by Steven Speirs (2010-09-16 16:24:24)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Simple Viewer in Google sites

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for that info. even though it's not what I wanted to hear. It looks as though I will have to re-think things as I really want to use SimpleViewer. I have managed to link to a Picassa slide viewer but that's not satisfactory as it's very messy and confusing (and not professional looking). BTW is a really interesting site - lots of good info.