Topic: WP-SimpleViewer v2.0.5 Released

We've updated the plugin to v2.0.5.

Updates:

* Added ability to delete galleries.
* Fixed extra quotes in Pro options.

You can always grab the latest version here. Or update through the WordPress plugin page.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: WP-SimpleViewer v2.0.5 Released

I have just installed the WP-SimpleViewer WordPress plugin for the first time, however it doesn't appear to work.

It displays the pop-up with options for the gallery, but when I click 'Add Gallery' nothing happens. I have checked that I do have an upload directory with full RW access (777).

Anything i can do to check this out?

Thanks,
Alastair

After adding the gallery to the post (which is what happens when you click 'Add Gallery') you need to add images to the gallery.
Please follow the instructions on this page:
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … er/#create

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the quick response. I was expecting the same result too however the initial pop up never disappears. I can see a status in the browser saying 'waiting for website.com....' but it seems to get stuck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Alastair.

I'd try deactivating, uninstalling, reinstalling and reactivating the plugin.
Failing that, I'd install a fresh version of WordPress (with no addons other than the SimpleViewer plugin) in a new folder (to keep it separate from your existing WordPress installation) and see if it works from there.

Steven Speirs

I've just upgraded my pro version, and now the site again shows the 'simpleviewer' logo.
in other words my pro version was downgraded because of the upgrade...

does this mean i have to copy the pro swf each time there's an upgrade?
but isn't the new code located in the swf, so i would be downgrading again?

if the second point is correct, how do i get the pro swf upgrade each time?

The WordPress plugin comes supplied with the Standard version of the swf file.
After each upgrade of the SimpleViewer WordPress plugin, you'll need to upload the /web/simpleviewer.swf file from the Pro download folder to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/web/ folder inside your WordPress install folder.

Steven Speirs

ok thanks, that's what i suspected.. so that file is never updated until further notice