Topic: html comes up black

Hi, I have generated a site using svbuilder,  but when I view it, it's all black.  None of my images show up.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  Even when I got to look at it through the preview option is comes up just as a black page.

thanks

Last edited by AEW (2010-09-22 17:24:09)

Re: html comes up black

Please post a URL to the gallery you are having trouble with.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here is the url I am having trouble with.  file:///Users/annie/Desktop/Paintings2/index.html

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the .swf that comes with simple viewer pro because when I swap it out for the old file the old gallery loads up fine.  Any insight?

Last edited by AEW (2010-09-23 01:43:59)

Could you put the gallery you are having issues with on a test page, so we can take a look?

Mike Richards

file:///Volumes/annieweatherwax/Web/Sites/Paintings2/index.html   

I put it on my idisk so you could have a look at it.  I hope this helps.  I'm desperate to get it  fixed.

Thank you so much for the great work you do at this forum!

I don't see anything in your public idisk folder.
Please upload the gallery to a website and post a URL.

Steven Speirs

https://files.me.com/annieweatherwax/5d1jqw

Hi,  here are all the files associated with the gallery.  Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Thanks for the files.
On line 33 of index.html you have the line:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818");

However, your swf file is named 'simpleviewer.swf'. Change the line to:

var fo = new SWFObject("simpleviewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818");

... and the gallery should be displayed as expected.

Steven Speirs

Oh,  thank you very much!!!!!.  That worked, but it loads up with a black background and a grey background where the caption goes.  I designed it all in white.  Any idea what is going on here.

My last hurdle:  are there instructions or can you tell me  how to embed the site into an iweb site.

Thank you again for the awesome product and the even better product support!!!  big_smile

Last edited by AEW (2010-09-23 19:22:16)

If you want the background white, you have two options:
(1) Set the background color in the following line:

var fo = new SWFObject("simpleviewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#ffffff");

(2) Or set the background color for the 'body' in CSS:

body {
  background-color: #ffffff;
}

... and use:

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

... before the fo.write("flashcontent"); line.

Steven Speirs

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I added a question to my last post.   My only hurdle left is embedding the site into an iweb site.  Are there instruction on that or could you tell me?

You could integrate the code from the gallery's index.html file into the existing HTML file on your iweb site (copying and pasting the appropriate code from the <head> and <body> sections).

An alternative would be to use an iframe and load the entire gallery into the iframe.
All you'd have to add to the existing iweb page would be something like:

<iframe src="Paintings2/index.html" width="800" height="800" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Steven Speirs

Hi,
I just tried both ways and it didn't work.  I copied this from the html file and pasted it in the html snippet file in iweb:
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">   
    /* hide from ie on mac \*/
    html {
        height: 100%;
        overflow: hidden;
    }

#flashcontent {
    }
    /* end hide */

body {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        color:#ffffff;
    }
</style>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>.</div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("simpleviewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#ffffff");   
        fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xffffff");
        fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");   
        fo.write("flashcontent");   
    </script>   
</body>
</html>

That won't work as the page will already have <head> and <body> sections and you are introducing a </head>, a </html> and a complete <body></body> section.
You'd need access to the entire page (download via FTP, edit and upload) and would have to split the gallery's code into chunks, pasting the correct code into the existing <head> section (omitting any new <head> tags) and doing likewise for the <body> section.

If adding snippets via an interface (I've never used iweb), the iframe method will probably work best but you'll need some method of uploading the complete 'Paintings2' gallery folder to the correct location (same folder as the HTML page to which you're adding the iframe).

Steven Speirs

Hi!

Somehow I got it to work!  Thank you so much for your awesome help!  You've been great!