Topic: If you ask for a Facebook "like" button, they will delete the thread

I guess it is too damaging for users to ask for votes for a feature.  Or that the creators are so paranoid about the power of free speach in that it might reveal their poor attitude towards "customer support".  Whatever the case, don't ask for the "like" button our your thread will be deleted.

Re: If you ask for a Facebook "like" button, they will delete the thread

Hi,

the thread was deleted because I objected to the unpleasant tone and bad attitude of the posts.

By the way, when you are asking someone to do something to help you out, it usually helps to say 'please'.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: If you ask for a Facebook "like" button, they will delete the thread

This is what lead up to the deletion...
Me - Any more votes out there? Yes, we are specifically looking for "like" button or "sharethis" functionality for each image.
Felix - Have you considered trying to do it yourself?
Me - Yeah, I considered it for 3 seconds, then thought, "why should I write code so you can sell more product?" Write the code yourself, and we will pay you for it. Seems like a better a model then me doing it for free.

"Felix - Have you considered trying to do it yourself?"
A better reply from "customer service" would be "how many more people would buy this product if we included this functionality? Our developers only have so much time, and we have other things on their plate, but if we have enough interest it would make sense for us to do this."

Remember we are the people trying to give you our money.  Good customer service makes us happy to do so.