Topic: svBuilder-Pro 2.1 not showing the image title

I just bought the latest SimpleViewer v2.1 and everything seems to work perfectly for me except for this.  I can not get the image title to show up.  I haven't had this problem in the past so I'm wondering if it is just me or if it is a bug.  My page does show the image number (i.e. 1/180) but not the image name.  Please help!

Re: svBuilder-Pro 2.1 not showing the image title

If you are typing the image names as captions into the interface in svBuilder (first text field beneath the filename for each image), then they should show up in the gallery.xml file.
Open gallery.xml in a text editor and see if the captions are there. A sample entry should look something like this:

<image imageURL="images/image.jpg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/image.jpg"
    linkURL="images/image.jpg"
    linkTarget="_blank">
    <caption><![CDATA[Caption_goes_here]]></caption>
  </image>

If the captions are present, then check that the caption font color is not the same as the background color.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the quick response and I did notice that when I typed the captions in that they show up but all of my images are named already so the file name should show up for each image (as it used to in older versions). 

When I upload 400 images to one gallery, it would be quite inconvenient to have to go in and retype the image file name in the caption space. 

Plus I believe that it is intended for the title to show up - especially since it has it's own tab.  Does that make sense?

Hi,

to write the image filename into the caption, in svBuilder-Pro do: Images -> Caption -> Use Filename

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That was it!  Thank you so much!!!!  And again, your quick replies are amazing!  Great product too!