Topic: Simpleviewer V1.8

Hello,

I use simpleviewer in combination with Coppermine. I have this setup working with simpleviewer v1.7. This is an example of an XML header for v1.7:

<SIMPLEVIEWER_DATA maxImageDimension="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" bgColor="0x181818" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="right" navDirection="LTR"title="Test Album 1" imagePath="userpics/10001/normal_" thumbPath="userpics/10001/mini_">

Now I've upgraded simpleviewer, and tried to load the pictures with this XML header:

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="350" maxImageHeight="350" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="Test Album 1" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="userpics/10001/normal_" thumbPath="userpics/10001/mini_">

In v1.8 the pictures & thumbs don't get loaded, but the imagePath and thumbPath settings seem ok.

On the frontpage I've read the note "Note: Some of the gallery generation methods are not yet compatible with SimpleViewer v1.8.".

Is this the issue, when will it work again? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thank you.

PS: if someone is interested in a script that generates simpleviewer XMLs from your coppermine database. Let me know  wink

Re: Simpleviewer V1.8

imagePath and thumbPath work the same way in v1.8 as 1.7, so this should work.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I found the issue:

In coppermine you have the thumbnails and regular images in the same directory, but with different prefixes, for example:

thumb_picture.jpg & normal_picture.jpg

With simpleviewer 1.7 I could use these settings, to include the prefix:

imagePath="userpics/10001/normal_"
thumbPath="userpics/10001/thumb_"

This doesn't work with 1.8. Is this correct? Can you make it working for v1.8?

Thanks
Karel

I found the issue:

In coppermine you have the thumbnails and regular images in the same directory, but with different prefixes, for example:

Thanks
Karel

Any info on this issue?

Thank you.

I found the issue:

Thanks
Karel

Any info on this issue?

Thank you.

I believe the answer you are looking for is no, it can not be done with the free version. You can purchase the source code and change it for your own use, yes...

[url]http://www.photographybykevin.net[/url]

Simple Viewer FAQ By Kevin
[url]http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/photography-by-kevin/simpleviewer-flash-photo-gallery/[/url]

This doesn't work with 1.8. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct. SV v1.8 will automatically append a "/" to the paths if it is not there. This was to prevent a common user error when specifiying paths.

Of course this will break in your use case. As smilePak mentioned the solution to this would be to purchase and modify the source code.

Felix Turner

I have removed the default behaviour to add a trailing "/" from the latest version of SimpleViewer. Please download and try the latest version.

Felix Turner

Sorry for the late reply, but I can confirm that my script works perfectly with V1.8 now.

Thanks-a-lot!