Topic: adding captions

Hi,  I have the pro version and am using svBuilder.  I'm trying to add captions doing it the same way I did without the pro version by pasting this:  <![CDATA[<font face="Comic Sans MS"
                            size="12"
                            color="#000000">She opened wide and said, "ahh."

Acrylic on Canvas 48"
                            x 48"</font><b></b><u><a href="">
</a></u><br>]]></caption>

into the xml file after the word, "caption"   This didn't work.  I got a message saying something about not being able to access the file.  Could you let me know what I'm doing wrong, or if there's an easier way of doing this.

Thanks so much  big_smile
big_smile

Re: adding captions

You should escape the double-quotes in your caption text (ie type &quot; instead of ") so it might look something like this:

<caption><![CDATA[<font face="Comic Sans MS" size="12" color="#000000">She opened wide and said, &quot;ahh.&quot; Acrylic on Canvas 48&quot;x 48&quot;</font><b></b><u><a href=""></a></u><br>]]></caption>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just tried that and it still didn't work.  Do you have any other suggestions or can you think of something I might be doing wrong.  thank you again for all your help!   big_smile

Please post a URL to the gallery that you are having trouble with.

Steven Speirs

If you are entering captions via svBuilder-Pro, you don't need to add the CDATA wrapper. Enter the HTML text into the caption text box and the CDATA wrapper will be automatically added.

Felix Turner

Hi,

I just downloaded Svbuilder version 2.1 your most recent version, so I could add captions.  I also downloaded and paid for simpleveiwer pro. a couple of days ago and have been running it on the old version of Svbuilder.  I can't seem to get any of my galleries to run in the Svbuilder 2.1 with the pro version options.  Could you tell me how to do this.  I've already exchanged the viewer.swf files with the simpleviewer.swf file that comes with pro. 

Or, do I have to pay for another upgrade to Svbuilder 2.1? 

thanks so much.

Last edited by AEW (2010-09-27 13:55:19)

To upgrade your galleries to SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1, check here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html

Felix Turner

Thank you!!