Topic: color problem

Hi I am embedding my flash gallery into iweb by storing my gallery on my idisk and linking to it.   It works out great!  But it seems now that I've upgraded to the pro version there's a color problem.  I'm a painter and when the gallery loads the color slowly turns to a green and purple psychedelic looking version of my paintings.  Any idea what's going on?  Here is the code I put into the page via html snippet. 

<iframe src="http://homepage.mac.com/annieweatherwax/newsize/index.html" width="825" height="750" scrolling="no" style="border:none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Re: color problem

Take a look here:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/support/#color

You'll notice there are two swf files in the Pro download web/svcore/swf folder for this purpose.
You could try forcing one viewer or the other to see if it makes any difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hey!  Thanks for getting back to me.  I checked my photos in photo shop under document profile and they all say this:    Camera RGB Profile  is this what it should say?  Also my color problem only seems to occur in iweb.  When I publish the site, the color seems to be fine.

Thanks again for all your help.

It sounds like you are importing your images via iPhoto and it may be assigning a different color profile to the images.
Try converting the images to sRGB (rather than Camera RGB Profile).
Also, Photoshop has a 'Save For Web' feature that might also be useful.
However, if you are happy with the results when published, then perhaps no more action is required.

Steven Speirs

hi,

thank you!  should I convert to sRGB or remove the color profile all together.  There seems to be both options.  Also with past websites I've had to boost the saturation on my photos, is this necessary with simpleviewer pro?  And do I also need to resize the photos in photoshop or does simpleviewer do this automatically?  Thanks again for all your great support!  big_smile

Last edited by AEW (2010-09-28 15:21:48)

If they are images were taken by a digital camera, then the chances are that they were originally sRGB so I'd try that.

With regard to boosting the saturation; every computer monitor will be calibrated differently (if at all) and your images will look different on other computers.
The best you can do is calibrate your own monitor accurately and tweak your photos until you're happy with them.

SimpleViewer does dynamically resize the images to fit the container it's in but it would be wise to resize your images to a 'reasonable' size for web use. If your images are huge files straight from your camera, it will take a long time for the browser to download the images from the website before SimpleViewer is able to display the images.  Somewhere around 1024x768 giving a JPEG of between 100K and 200K would likely be suitable.

If using svBuilder to create your gallery, you can feed the program the original large images and select the 'Resize Images' checkbox. svBuilder will resize the images for you.

Steven Speirs