Topic: iPad only displays 1st 11 images

I'm using SV v. 2.1 and after some initial issues have got my test gallery working the way I want it on both IE8 and Firefox. However, when I view the test gallery on an iPad it only displays the first 11 (of 17) images. Pressing the Next arrow removes image 11 but no other image displays. Continuing to press the arrow has the same result until the next arrow disappears and only the Previous arrow is available. That tells me that the number of images is recognized but for some reason only the first 11 can be displayed.

Any help would be appreciated. The URL is http://www.robertjsimons.com/sv_test

ETA: The issue has been resolved with version 2.1.1 and my test galleries have been removed.

Last edited by Bob Simons (2010-11-27 04:12:44)

Re: iPad only displays 1st 11 images

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. Can you try a couple of things?

1) Upload a copy of the gallery with the default index.html page generated by svBuilder. Does this fix the issue?

2) Upload a copy of the gallery with 'useFlash' set to 'false'. This will help in debugging.

thanks!

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

1) Upload a copy of the gallery with the default index.html page generated by svBuilder. Does this fix the issue?
Done. Did not fix the issue. See http://www.robertjsimons.com/sv_test_default/

2) Upload a copy of the gallery with 'useFlash' set to 'false'. This will help in debugging.
Done using default index.html. Did not fix the issue. Now only the first 11 images display on both IE8 (desktop) and Safari (iPad) See http://www.robertjsimons.com/sv_test_noflash/

I also uploaded a new gallery of images with 'useFlash' set to 'false' and using the default index.html created by svBuilder just to eliminate the possibility of an issue with one of my images. Same issue persists of only displaying the first 11 images. See http://www.robertjsimons.com/sv_test_seniors

ETA: The issue has been resolved with version 2.1.1 and my test galleries have been removed.

Last edited by Bob Simons (2010-11-27 04:12:07)

Felix,

Just wondering if you had any time to look at the new galleries that I posted per your request. The issue still persists and seems to be related to the non-flash code. Only the first 11 images of the gallery are viewable through any desktop browser and through iPad's Safari browser. So any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Bob Simons (2010-10-06 15:06:10)

Just tested a theory that the number of images viewable is a percentage of total images in the gallery. It seems that only 2/3 of the gallery images are viewable in the non-flash mode (mobile). I uploaded a new gallery with 20 images and now the first 13 images can be seen. That's 2/3 of 20. Previously only 11 of 17 images were viewable...again 2/3 of 17. I suspect there is an issue with the default code to generate the non-flash galleries.

Here's the new 20-image gallery: http://www.robertjsimons.com/sv_test_seniors20/

Last edited by Bob Simons (2010-11-27 04:13:24)

Just bumping this up to see if there may be an answer.

I have the same problem with my iPad. I tried Felix’s advice and it also didn’t work with mine. Don’t you think I need to buy a new one? Ugh. This makes me feel disappointed about Apple’s products. I’ve spent to much for nothing.

I don't think this is an Apple or iPad problem. The issue exists on any desktop browser, as well, when viewing the non-flash gallery.

(But, I'm disappointed in Apple for banning Flash on their mobile devices all because of a feud with Adobe. How childish is that? And, please, the argument that Flash uses too many resources is just lame. Get over it. Competitors' devices seem to be handling it just fine.)

Last edited by Bob Simons (2010-10-11 11:55:51)

I'd really like to get this working properly. can anyone tell me what may be wrong or if there is a bug in the current version, or what? Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of information.
This has been logged as a bug and the developers are looking into it.
Thanks for your patience.

Steven Speirs

This should be fixed in the version that was just released, SimpleViewer 2.1.1. To upgrade delete the svCore folder from your server and upload the new svCore folder from the SimpleViewer 2.1.1 download and clear your browser's cache or you can upgrade the gallery using in the new version of svBuilder.

Mike Richards

Latest version has resolved the issue! Thanks so much!

you are welcome.

Felix Turner