Topic: adding buttons within the postcardviewer.fla page

Hi, This question has already been asked on this forum in 2008, however it was not answered.

I am new to flash, but have enough basic knowledge to get by.  And I am learning more each day.

I would like to add sourcecode and buttons to the postcardviewer.fla background page without embedding the entire gallery.

The reasons are simple, I think the charm of the gallery is lost when the images cannot 'fly' right off the page, and as far as I can figure things, when the gallery is embedded the images only 'fly' off within the embedded page and there is a border around that page. 

Is there any way to add to the actionscript code that already exists to make my buttons work within that same .fla page.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

Re: adding buttons within the postcardviewer.fla page

Moderators!

WTF?  Someone please give me a respectable answer to this question.

I would like to add sourcecode and buttons to the postcardviewer.fla background page without embedding the entire gallery.

Your users will be better served if you embed the gallery in an HTML page.

The reasons are simple, I think the charm of the gallery is lost when the images cannot 'fly' right off the page, and as far as I can figure things, when the gallery is embedded the images only 'fly' off within the embedded page and there is a border around that page.

You can set the gallery to extend to the edges of the page with the embed setting, HTML and CSS.

Is there any way to add to the actionscript code that already exists to make my buttons work within that same .fla page.

Yes, if you open the FLA you can add button to the stage and add your Actionscript to the actions tab. If you do not know how to add buttons I would suggest you try searching for AS2 button tutorials

Please note that the PostcardViewer-Pro source code is provided 'as-is' to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/postcardvie … rt/#source

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thank you for your response