Topic: Galleries listed without name and can't edit/delete

Great plugin...thanks...

Having a slightly peculiar issue with WP3.0.1 and SV2.0.5 (with the pro swf file).

No problem creating a gallery or having it display...but when I go to view the galleries in Simpleviewer 'Edit Galleries' screen they are listed without a number. Clicking 'Edit Gallery' brings me to a blank screen. Consequently I can't edit them...

Nor can I delete them as I get a message that they appear to be deleted already.

The XML files are listed in the uploads directory.

Thanks,

-pc.

Re: Galleries listed without name and can't edit/delete

I've not experienced a gallery list with no 'galleri_id's listed before.
However, I have occassionally come across a completely blank page after clicking a button/link and it has always been due to manual editing of xml files (eg deleting an xml file in the uploads folder before trying to delete the corresponding post).
Have you manually deleted any xml files or modified any WP-SimpleViewer files?
In any case, I'd try a reinstall of the plugin to see if that helps (deactivate and uninstall the WP-SimpleViewer plugin before reinstalling and reactivating it).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks...

Done the deactivate - uninstall - install - reactivate.

I'm still getting the same behaviour. I'm also having an issue where I get a completely blank page when trying to save a page. Finding it almost impossible to use...having to create the gallery, disable the plugin, edit the page and save with the new gallery number then re-activate the plugin again.

The galleries are created and do show in the page...xml files are there...numbers still not listed and can't edit them!

I've disabled other plugins and still get the same. I'll have to use something else until I can figure out what's going on.

Is there anything written to the db? If so would it be worth clearing that after deleting the plugin?

My test server has WP 3.0 and SV 2.0.5 and I'm not having the same problem.

Thanks for your help...

-pc.

My test server has WP 3.0 and SV 2.0.5 and I'm not having the same problem.

Sounds like it might be a server issue, then.  Could perhaps be related to the server's PHP version/installation.

I'm using the WP-Simpleviewer plugin (v2.0.5) on WP 3.0.1 with no problems so the plugin definitely works with WP 3.0.1.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's the conclusion I've come to.

I have managed to get the galleries configured. I just can't edit them...but there shouldn't be any reason to. I'll re-visit this when I get chance and drop you a line.

Cheers.

-pc.