Topic: Trying to paste google analytics tracking snippet...where exactly?

Hello.

I am trying to paste a google analytics tracking snippet into an svBuilder-Pro v2.1.0 gallery and I'm not sure where exactly to paste it?  Do I have to open the 'gallery.xml' file and add the snippet somewhere in there or do I create a new file of some type just for the snippet inside the gallery folder?

The instructions on the SV support page simply say, "Copy the example HTML file into the gallery folder."  The snippet I have appears to be text which of course does not paste into a folder, it needs a file of some type?

Thank you,
David

Last edited by Mastadon (2010-10-05 21:20:09)

Re: Trying to paste google analytics tracking snippet...where exactly?

Did you follow the instructions here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … l#tracking ?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Trying to paste google analytics tracking snippet...where exactly?

Felix,

Thank you.  I returned to the 'adding tracking' instructions.  I had misinterpreted them.  I have downloaded the HTML page, added it to a gallery folder, opened it in Dreamweaver, edited the Google account id, saved the file, and then uploaded the gallery folder to the server.  I have done this four times for four galleries.  It's been a couple of days and none of the galleries are showing up in my GA account.  The galleries appear to work fine otherwise.  All of my other HTML pages are tracking fine.  I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing?

The only thing that I changed in the HTML document was the thirteen digit account id 'UA-17.....-1'.  I did not add any additional characters or remove any other code?

Thanks,
David

Last edited by Mastadon (2010-10-08 13:04:29)