Topic: linkURL ignored

I have some large photos that I'd like to be able to preview in the gallery without chewing up bandwidth, by displaying a smaller version of each photo and only having the large version download when the 'download image' option is selected.

I've tried pointing the imageURL and linkURL to different locations, but the image that displays in the gallery, and the image that gets downloaded when clicking download image is always the same.

for example:

</image>
  <image imageURL="images/001_small.JPG"
    thumbURL="thumbs/001.JPG"
    linkURL="images/001_big.JPG"
    linkTarget="_blank">
    <caption><![CDATA[]]></caption>
  </image>

Only image 001_small.jpg is displayed and downloaded... it doesn't seem to register the linkURL.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Re: linkURL ignored

After you made the change to your gallery did you clear your browser's cache?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The 'Download Image' button will download the image displayed by SimpleViewer (as specified by the imageURL in the xml file).

The linkURL determines where the browser will take the user when the 'Open Image in New Window' button is clicked (or the equivalent right-click option).
Use showOpenButton="true" (as found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … #buttonbar).
The images will open in a new tab/window but it's the next best thing to a direct download.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if there are any plans to amend this?  As the open image solution isn't ideal, due to popup blockers that are normally enabled by default.