Topic: Can't install on PS CS4

I am having the same problem as Daphne when I try to install the MXP file except I get this error on the Extension Manager :

Can't create folder'C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\AdobePhotoshopCS4(64Bit)\Presets\Scripts\airtight_interactive'

What do I do now?  I have Windows Vista.

Re: Can't install on PS CS4

Are you running the install with administrator privileges?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes, I am.  I searched this forum for others having problems loading it in PS CS4 and tried all the tricks posted by the moderators...including the right click "run as administrator" one.  I particularly followed the post by Daphne to see if anything would help and no go.  I followed your link for the Adobe Extension Manager which took me to one for CS5.  I looked around and found one for CS4 ver. 2.0 and a patch ver. 2.1 which I *assumed* was the correct one to download.  I'm not the most computer saavy person but I can usually muddle through downloads fairly quickly.  This one has me completely baffled.  So I would really appreciate a plain English blow by blow in laymans terms explanation on how to get this slideshow up and working on my website.  The site I utilize for my photography requires the slideshow to be in an HTML format.  Thanks Mike and I really hope you can help me get this done. smile

If you can't get the MXP/Adobe Extension Manager to work just use the CS3 script and follow those install instructions, it will work with CS4 and CS5.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/ … oshop.html

I looked around and found one for CS4 ver. 2.0 and a patch ver. 2.1 which I *assumed* was the correct one to download.

Are you using AutoViewer or SimpleViewer? The current AutoViewer version is 1.4 and SimpleViewer is 2.1.0.

If you are using SimpleViewer and are looking for the simplest way to set up a gallery I would suggest trying the svBuilder air app that is included with the download.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … svbuilder/

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am trying to use Autoviewer.  I attempted the CS3 script but may have done it wrong.  Guess I'll try slogging it out again but I am not very optimistic....thanks Mike.

Well, that worked and I was able to create the gallery, but I can't upload it to my website........

Photopam wrote:

I am having the same problem as Daphne when I try to install the MXP file except I get this error on the Extension Manager :

Can't create folder'C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\AdobePhotoshopCS4(64Bit)\Presets\Scripts\airtight_interactive'

What do I do now?  I have Windows Vista.

I encountered the same problem. I was able to fix it by manually creating the folder (using Windows Explorer to navigate to the \Scripts directory, then selecting to create a new folder.

That still didn't fully solve the problem. The final step is to change the permissions on the new folder so that trusted users can write to the folder. Right click, select properties, and then play around (or Google how to do this).