Topic: Problems with svManager

Dear,

I bought the "Pro Viewer Bundle" and I got many many troubles with svManager. I can´t use it.
Could you please help me?

Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Check it out:

Warning: could not save gallery data to data\gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 293)
Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

Error unable to create directory g1 (rcopy.php, line 38)

Warning: file_put_contents(data\user.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied (auth.php, line 184)
Warning: Unable to store new user name and password in data\user.php (auth.php, line 186)

Re: Problems with svManager

Firstly, please check that your server is compatible with svManager – download and install the free server compatibility test.

If the compatibility test is ok then the problem is most likely cause by the permission settings on your server.

SvManager needs permission to create new folders inside the svmanager folder and copy files to them. It also needs permission to write to files in the svManager data folder.

I see from the backslashes in the error messages that you have a Windows server. There are several different methods to set permissions on a Windows server. You may be able to set them with ftp or you may have a control panel or file management program. If  you are not sure how to set permissions then ask your server administrator or helpdesk.

There is more information on permissions in the troubleshooting section of the svManager user manual.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.