Topic: Background colors dont quite match

I just purchased simpleviewer pro after sampling the free version.

Having the background color of the gallery set to 222222, Ive also set the background color atribute in my html file to 222222.  When viewed in my browser there is a slight mis-match of color - with the gallery background appearing slightly lighter. 

This worked fine with the free version.  Does anyone know whats happening here?  I realise the pro version has a lot more functionality - so Ive been going through the options in an attempt to fix - but no luck.

Thanks

David

Re: Background colors dont quite match

I forgot to mention - gallery width and height is set to 70%

It seems to be something to do with the flash component - as when flash is disabled - there is no issue.  Id like to use flash though - anyone have any ideas?

Sorry - im a spud.  I should have read the FAQ and i would have found the answer under troubleshooting:

•My gallery has a brown color cast over it. How do I fix this?

Oops!

For others, the FAQ to which ChuckBiscuits refers is:
http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … trouble_13

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm having the same problem: background color 999999 is lighter in the embedded SimpleViewer than the surrounding page, but svBuilder-Pro v2.1.0 doesn't offer an option to turn color correction off, not in the .

I've tried to change it in the galleryXML file, but:

useColorCorrection="false"

did not work. Or made no change that I could see.

I tried "transparent" instead of a background color, which turned everything bright green.

The gallery is at: http://allenrokach.com/projects/texas-w … ers-ws.htm
Gallery XML is at: http://allenrokach.com/plugins/simplevi … allery.xml

I am using Simpleviewer 2.1.1, but had the same issue in Simpleviewer 2.1.0.

I'm using SimpleViewer's basic settings, for the most part. Any help would bring me joy equivalent to candy raining from the heavens!

The gallery in the link you posted is using SimpleViewer v2.1.0 so try using the following as your embedding code:

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "../../plugins/simpleviewer-2/gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.wmode = "transparent";
$(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "999999", true, flashvars, params);
});
</script>
Steven Speirs

I uploaded the page with the updated code, but now the gallery seems to have disappeared entirely. I wasn't sure if the following code would help:

var svCoreURL = '../../plugins/simpleviewer-2/svcore/';
</script>

So added it to the embed code on another page:

http://allenrokach.com/projects/texas-w … rs-ws2.htm

But no such luck.

Sorry, I meant for you to replace just the relevant <script> block.
The complete embedding code should be:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
var svCoreURL = '../../plugins/simpleviewer-2/svcore/';
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../plugins/simpleviewer-2/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "../../plugins/simpleviewer-2/gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.wmode = "transparent";
$(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "999999", true, flashvars, params);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs

I've tried to change it in the galleryXML file, but:
    useColorCorrection="false"
did not work.

The useColorCorrection option should fix your issue, however this option works by modifying the generated Embed code.

So one way to fix the issue is to open your gallery in svBuilder-Pro, uncheck 'useColorCorrection' then re-save the index file or re-grab the embed snippet.

Felix Turner

Success! www.allenrokach.com/projects/texas-wildflowers-ws/texas-wildflowers-ws.htm

When I downloaded the new version I copied over the svcore folder, but neglected to update svbuilder. That's why I didn't have the color correction/transparency options available. Now I do, and life is good.

I'm assuming it didn't work when I manually entered the config options because one of the other necessary files didn't recognize them. Or, because ignorance deserves to suffer.

Thanks for your help! Let the candy rain down!