Topic: Captions between image and thumbs, all BOTTOM, dynamic layout

Hi,

I have already posted the following as a reply to this thread, but since it got no reply, I am posting it as a new post now... Hope it doesn't bother anyone.

I am working up a website including SimpleViewer galleries, and purchased SVPro 2.1 for that matter.
I precisely need my galleries to be both dynamically resizable and have the caption below the image, and then the thumbs below the caption.

SV 1.9 allowed for such a configuration using "captionUnderThumb" parameter, but this seems to no longer work in 2.x...
Would it be possible to re-implement this feature in next version 2.x ?

It seems to me that it's not so complicated to implement since thumbs and captions are just stacking in the bottom stack... Am I wrong ?

Last edited by darkpanda (2010-10-14 16:31:44)

Re: Captions between image and thumbs, all BOTTOM, dynamic layout

I precisely need my galleries to be both dynamically resizable and have the caption below the image, and then the thumbs below the caption.

Currently the only way to get close to this layout, image->caption->thumbnail, would to either use fixed layout or to set the captions to OVERLAY_BOTTOM, however fixed layout does not allow for the gallery to be dynamically resizable. Beyond that a change would have to be made in a future version of SimpleViewer.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike Richards wrote:

Currently the only way to get close to this layout, image->caption->thumbnail, would to either use fixed layout or to set the captions to OVERLAY_BOTTOM, however fixed layout does not allow for the gallery to be dynamically resizable. Beyond that a change would have to be made in a future version of SimpleViewer.

How to configure caption to overlay_bottom? Which file I have to modify?

I hope you re-introduce this feature in the future version. Thx

How to configure caption to overlay_bottom? Which file I have to modify?

This option can be set by adding the code:

captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM"

... to the opening <simpleviewergallery> tag in your XML file.

If building your galleries with svBuilder-Pro, then the 'Caption Position' is the first option under the 'Caption' menu in the 'Customize' section.

Steven Speirs

I tried this method, but it does not work. The caption is still appear inside the image area.

That is correct, but it's as close and you can get to what you are asking with the current version.

Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

That is correct, but it's as close and you can get to what you are asking with the current version.

In that case, is it possible to get SimpleViewer Pro 1.9 as part of my purchase of SVPro 2.1 ?

Accessing Older SimpleViewer-Pro Files
If you need access to a previous version of SimpleVIewer-Pro, please email us including your SimpleViewer-Pro purchase details.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html
support@simpleviewer.net

Mike Richards

Mike Richards wrote:

Accessing Older SimpleViewer-Pro Files
If you need access to a previous version of SimpleVIewer-Pro, please email us including your SimpleViewer-Pro purchase details.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … grade.html
support@simpleviewer.net

Doing this right away, thanks a lot for your help Mike.