Topic: Upgrade flickr gallerie to v2.1 without svBuilder

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Pro. I was using v2.0 in combination with Flickr. Now I have v2.1. I want to upgrade my galleries to  Pro.

I have made my galleries without using svBuilder and I do not have the option of installing new software because of the needed administrator rights I dont have. Thats why I want to upgrade my galleries to Pro without using the svBuilder software. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Re: Upgrade flickr gallerie to v2.1 without svBuilder

In your gallery, replace the v2.0 'simpleviewer.swf' file with the complete 'svcore' folder from the v2.1 Pro download.
In your HTML file, replace the old v2.0 embedding code with the code found here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … html#embed
Keep your existing XML file as it is.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the quick respons!

What I didn't mention is that I use multiple galleries. I have embedded them in the following way:

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
            var flashvars = {};
            flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery1.xml";
            var params = {};            
            params.allowfullscreen = true;
            params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
            params.bgcolor = "606060";
            swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent1", "100%", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
        </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
            var flashvars = {};
            flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery2.xml";
            var params = {};            
            params.allowfullscreen = true;
            params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
            params.bgcolor = "606060";
            swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent2", "100%", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
        </SCRIPT>

I understand how to point out the source of the swfobject.js-file but not how to do the rest of the embedding in version 2.1

Jacquez

There is a bug in the current version when embedding multiple galleries in one HTML document.
Until it is fixed, a suitable workaround might be to create your individual galleries using svBuilder and then load each one into an iframe using this method: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … l#external

Steven Speirs

In my case this is not a suiteble work around because I cannot install svBuilder (like I mentioned before: I do not have the possibility to install anything).

But, I already have individual, working (with the non-pro version) gallery-files. I have paste the code how i used to embed them in this topic already. I have little programming skills and I want to be able to show more then 50 pics in a gallery. but I can figure out how to program this in the pro version. Please provide a little bit more practical support.

Jacquez

The Bug only applies if you are using the new embed code, if you are using the old embed code like Jacquez is you can still embed multiple galleries in one page.

I want to be able to show more then 50 pics in a gallery. but I can figure out how to program this in the pro version.

There are no setting you have to change to get more then 50 pictures to show using the pro swf. I would suggest clearing your browser's cache if you were using the standard swf to make sure you browser is using the pro swf.

Mike Richards

For Flickr galleries you need to set the 'flickrImageCount' option to a number greater than 50: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … tml#flickr

Felix Turner

Felix

Thanks a lot! That was the kind of support I needed!

It was the imagecount option that was the problem. Everything works fine now.

Robert