Topic: Colour different in full screen to browser

I am having problems with color in SVv2.1, that I don't have in 1.9 and the simple viewer. The simple viewer in CS5 is great the colour is perfect ( just those square thumbs that can't be changed ) what ever the RGB  but in SVpro 2.1 the colour desaturates in browser view  but is saturated in full screen mode. Can  any one can help?

Re: Colour different in full screen to browser

Please post a link to the gallery page you are having trouble with.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi  here is a link to problem gallery http://www.pictureslondon.co.uk/lea%20t … 0test.html

Hi
Also can you give me any help with the fact some images will down load and others will not. The first image will down load but the next 8or so will not then the rest will

Hi
I have found if I embed the swf in a htlm page the colours are good but no full screen mode that's fine for me. The only problem is now with the mouse scroll it move the page up and down as well.
Now in the CS5 Simple Veiw embeding the same way the page stays still why is that ?
The CS5 Simple View works perfect for what I need the only problem is the thumbs at 75x75 this cut off heads is it posible to resize the thumbs  to 72x100?

The color seems fine in fullscreen with the link you provided, what OS/Browser are you using?

The only problem is now with the mouse scroll it move the page up and down as well.

Yes this is one of several potential problems with how flash and the mouse wheel interact.

Now in the CS5 Simple Veiw embeding the same way the page stays still why is that ?

I don't know why CS5 would make a difference, it shouldn't unless you are using it's embed code and they made a change?

the only problem is the thumbs at 75x75 this cut off heads is it posible to resize the thumbs  to 72x100?

Just set thumbWidth, thumbHeight in your gallery.xml to the proportion you would like to use, remake your thumbnails, clear your browser's cache and refresh.

Mike Richards

Hi
Yes the colour is fine in full screen view it is the normal browser view that the colour is off and the thumbs.  I have view in explorer fire fox and google chroma all the same. What are you looking at it with?

The CS5 gallery has no thumb size to edit like the pro view see script
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<simpleviewerGallery backgroundImagePath="" maxImageWidth="1500" maxImageHeight="1500" imagePath="images/large/" thumbPath="images/thumb/" frameColor="0xffffff" textColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="4" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" enableRightClickOpen="true">
<image>
<filename>_2616954630.jpg</filename>
<caption>_MG_5591</caption>
</image>

Hi this is a link to the CS5 SV  see how the scroll wheel works fine. It is like some one has redesigned it the scrip.
http://www.pictureslondon.co.uk/Artist%20Portraits.htm
Lea

I see no difference in colors between normal display and fullscreen mode in IE8, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.

The Pro option enableMouseWheel is set to FALSE by default due to a bug in the Adobe Flash Player when used in conjunction with the 'wmode' parameter.  (The equivalent option was enabled by default in v1.9 which the gallery you linked to uses.)
If you like, you can enable this option (if you have the Pro version) by setting enableMouseWheel="TRUE" in the XML file.

There are no thumb size options to edit (default settings of 75x75 are used).
Just add thumbWidth="72" and thumbHeight="100" to the <simpleviewergallery> tag in the XML file (again, Pro version required).

eg:

<simpleviewerGallery backgroundImagePath="" maxImageWidth="1500" maxImageHeight="1500" imagePath="images/large/" thumbPath="images/thumb/" frameColor="0xffffff" textColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="4" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" enableRightClickOpen="true"
enableMouseWheel="TRUE" thumbWidth="72" thumbHeight="100">
Steven Speirs

Hi Steven
No adding the thumb size into the code does not work all ready tried that. The contol of the thumbs size
is coming from some where else. I think Adobe have reworked your Simple viewer as there mouse wheel knows when it is in the flash and when it is out side it real clever.
Have you any idea why some images will down load and others not. Can't understand why you are not seeing the color problem.
Lea

Hi Steven
Yes your right just looked on 2 other computers and the colour is great  must be somthing strange with the computer I am using.
Lea