Topic: Direct Image Download Error

I have an album setup on my page at http://codydills.com/diving/gallery/ame … _31July10/

When clicking the "Download Image" button, I am presented with the select location for download window by Firefox.  After choosing the location to save it and navigating there, the file/image is displayed without an actual preview of the image, just the standard JPG preview thumbnail.  When double clicking I get an error from Windows Photo Viewer - "Windows Photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to photo viewer."

I have tried to open the image up a variety of different programs, and all have errors as well.  Not sure what the problem is here.

Also, while viewing the gallery and choosing to open the image in a new window, and then saving the image, everything works normally.

The ability to directly download the image from the main gallery was the main reason I purchased the Pro version, so I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide to get this working correctly.

Thanks!

Re: Direct Image Download Error

It might have something to do with two of you gallery.xml settings. Try removing the following or replacing them with valid information and then clearing your browser's cache.

watermarkURL="isgioasrhgiaer"
    watermarkLinkURL="weoithwirht"
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for that catch.  Removed that text and cleared all browser data and I still have the same problem.  Any other ideas?

SimpleViewer v2.1.0 has a bug where image downloads are not working. This will be fixed in the next version. The workaround is to use absolute URLs for the imageURLs.

Felix Turner

Thank you for the reply Felix.  I still have a few questions though.  When will the new version be released, and how do I change to absolute URL's automatically.  I will be posting thousands of pictures and changing each individually is not an option.  I would also like to know why the download works with IE and not Firefox.  As I stated in my earlier post, I purchased this program because of the direct download feature. If it cannot be fixed I believe I only have 14 days to request a refund. Thanks for any more info you can provide.

This should be fixed in the version that was just released, SimpleViewer 2.1.1. To upgrade delete the svCore folder from your server and upload the new svCore folder from the SimpleViewer 2.1.1 download and clear your browser's cache or you can upgrade the gallery using in the new version of svBuilder.

Mike Richards