Topic: pro license terms of use

Hi,
I'm considering a purchase of simpleviewer pro for use on flash presentation projects.

Since I'll be including the simple viewer inside projects whic we host- to embed in client websites, would it be permissible to purchase one pro license and use it in any of our projects?

Many thanks
Y.S

Re: pro license terms of use

Just to clarify: that is I intend to use the simpleviewer galleries repeatedly in with different projects- but they will all be hosted on my server.

would it be permissible to purchase one pro license and use it in any of our projects?

You can use SimpleViewer Pro in any project as long as you aren't redistributing, reselling it or including it as part of a content management system, online hosting solution or desktop application.

that is I intend to use the simpleviewer galleries repeatedly in with different projects

SimpleViewer-Pro may be used for personal and/or commercial projects. SimpleViewer-Pro may be used to create an unlimited number of websites.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/terms/#svp

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response, I've read the term and conditions but its still not clear.
I am not reselling the software for the user to add images of their own, but I am setting up galleries inside flash presentations on behalf of the client.
I will literally offer the client an additional simple viewer gallery in the presentation at a cost. I just want to clarify how this would be treated under the circumstances :

a) I'm hosting the content from my servers
b) The client is not going to alter the content

Also, I will provide the client with a separate copy of the presentation if they wish to host themselves, but this will be a copy of the full presentation we created. The difficulty here is that they will have copies of the viewer files, but they won't have "my" permission to change them.

So how does this stack up. Will I be able to buy a pro license and use it in my projects or will I have problems handing over projects to clients - whether or not they are hosted by me?

Thanks

If you are providing an editable copy of SimpleViewer-Pro to your clients, you will need to purchase a SimpleViewer-Pro license for each client.

Felix Turner

right! However, is there any way of providing a non- editable copy? Can I put together a gallery, and then output it as a single uneditable flash file? or a collection of uneditable files?

Thanks

However, is there any way of providing a non- editable copy?

Not if you are giving the files to your client.

Felix Turner