Topic: Help I'm a Novice

I think I'm in over my head ... I do not understand the "Get Embed Code"

From what I understand, Publishing creates the HTML "container" page that launches the gallery. Well, at least it all looks good locally. Now that I've copied the folders to the site, the HTML "container" page shows up fine, but the gallery doesn't. HELP, and please talk basics.

Re: Help I'm a Novice

If using svBuilder-Pro to create your gallery, then when you click 'Save' on the 'Publish' screen, the output is like a self-contained web site in a folder.
Inside the folder should be the following:

• index.html (index page file)

• gallery.xml (XML file listing images in gallery)

• thumbs (thumbnail images folder)

• images (images folder)

• svcore (SimpleViewer core folder)

If you upload this folder to your web server maintaining the folder structure, you should be able to load the gallery's index page into your browser to display the gallery.

The embed code is used only if you want to embed the gallery into an existing page alongside other content.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please post a URL to the gallery you are having trouble with and we can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That's what I understood. I am certain its operator error, because since my post, I have "recopied" the gallery folder and now the page is showing thumbs, but not the main image. This looks like a path problem, but not clear how to solve.

Please post a URL to the gallery.

Steven Speirs

http://www.beefmastertexas.com/ElmLakeR … House.html

By the way, this is NOT my site! I am having to work with the owner of the ranch and creator of the original site, who chose to do their own site "conversion" (for the sale of the home) AFTER I started creating a website.

http://www.beefmastertexas.com/ElmLakeR … House.html

Your images have lower case file extensions (.jpg) but the references to them via the imageURLs in your XML file are uppercase (.JPG).
These must match so either rename the files or change the imageURLs.

Steven Speirs

If SV does creates this gallery automatically, from the original images, why would it "change" the file reference, or the url?

Is this a default in the program? I really don't want to change the file name, or urls of hundreds of photos. Is there a setting I can change?

I've just tested a few sample images with file extensions such as .jpg, .JPEG and .jPEG and svBuilder-Pro keeps the file extension of all images intact, whether resizing them or not, and both thumbnails and images are displayed correctly.
Not sure what is causing your file extensions to change case but a global search and replace in a text editor should quickly sort the problem.

Steven Speirs